Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    MJW

Thierry Neuville

Is he confirmed at Citroen for 2013? I heared Citroen offerd him 9 rounds and after that there was speculation that he could be joining MSport. Now with wrc.com announcing that the full line up at Qatar MSport will be known in the next few days I was wondering what people think. I can see some connection as he was in the Qatar Team this year and as far as I know was well liked by Nasser, as he gave hime some extra drives and he would compliment Mads with Thierry's tarmac performace complimenting Mads weakness on this surface. However, I think that being Belgian his connections with Yves Matton, would outweigh any possible move to drive a Ford, also he has been a product of the PSA system for some with his C2, DS3, 207 etc, also he is too young to go for a championship so a 9 event programme for Citroen on events that he would find more difficult, i.e not tarmac when Loeb will be driving, will ultimately make him a better driver, just in time to lead Peugeot's return when Citroen go WTCC.

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Is he confirmed at Citroen for 2013? I heared Citroen offerd him 9 rounds and after that there was speculation that he could be joining MSport. Now with wrc.com announcing that the full line up at Qatar MSport will be known in the next few days I was wondering what people think. I can see some connection as he was in the Qatar Team this year and as far as I know was well liked by Nasser, as he gave hime some extra drives and he would compliment Mads with Thierry's tarmac performace complimenting Mads weakness on this surface. However, I think that being Belgian his connections with Yves Matton, would outweigh any possible move to drive a Ford, also he has been a product of the PSA system for some with his C2, DS3, 207 etc, also he is too young to go for a championship so a 9 event programme for Citroen on events that he would find more difficult, i.e not tarmac when Loeb will be driving, will ultimately make him a better driver, just in time to lead Peugeot's return when Citroen go WTCC.
    It is a difficult choice for Thierry (if he has a choice):
    Citroën +: he knows the team, they trust him, Yves Matton, can learn without pressure
    Citroën -: They have got 2 drivers now who can continue for a number of years. If they do good next year, who will they set aside when Thierry is ready for a factory seat in 2014

MSport +: Nasser really seams to love him, can do probably all the rounds of the WRC
    MSport -: Is there a future for MSport in WRC?, can they keep developing the car?

So, difficult choise... Peugeot hasn't been confirmed in WRC when Citroën leaves neither!

Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton
    It is a difficult choice for Thierry (if he has a choice):
    Citroën +: he knows the team, they trust him, Yves Matton, can learn without pressure
    Citroën -: They have got 2 drivers now who can continue for a number of years. If they do good next year, who will they set aside when Thierry is ready for a factory seat in 2014

MSport +: Nasser really seams to love him, can do probably all the rounds of the WRC
    MSport -: Is there a future for MSport in WRC?, can they keep developing the car?

So, difficult choise... Peugeot hasn't been confirmed in WRC when Citroën leaves neither!
    I think it's a no-brainer choice - he has been chosen just as Loeb, Ogier, Sordo were chosen, by the most successful team, to drive and learn without pressure at the highest level. He knows he's not at the level of Ogier when he left for VW, or Sordo when he left for Mini. So give it a year and see where he is then. If he ends up doing anything else this year he should fire his management and hire me. 9 rallies isn't the best, but the alternatives have some bigger drawbacks.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Neuville dosen't deserve his own thread...... yet .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    Neuville dosen't deserve his own thread...... yet .

Do you mean that only drivers that were ever champion deserve their own Thread? So I have to remove many threads currently.....
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Do not touch my threads of Jani Paasonen!!!!!
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 209 Times in 60 Posts
    I can't understand how Citroen didn't realise...

S-DV 9032; TO V33681; VLE 756X; IN-NL 67; IN-NZ 9; 704 EXC 75; 294 FPF 75; TO-89095-H; K-AM 5803; K-AM 6983; L 555 BAT; N6 MRE; 206 NDP 75; X20 SRT; S600 WRT; 23 DDM 92; WOB VW 369; SP 1013...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r199
    I wonder what the sign at the entry to the town of Novikov looks like ...

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    It's not Neuville his town, it's actually almost 200kms from where he lives (Sankt-Vith).