Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And why is this at the bottom of this page? Is this intended to target the Indycar demographic?

Visitors found this page by searching for:
    erotic massage new haven
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Yes, that's correct. It's easy to spend other people's money.

There is not enough commercial support now for the teams to replace their equipment yet again. They just spent a bundle on the new car and spares. That investment needs to be amortized over several years. Until you can come up with a viable source for all the teams to get the capital to replace all of that equipment, again, you are wasting everyone's time with that sort of post. It's the real world and, like it or not, we live in it.
    Wrong. They have a product that sucks I'm just stating the fact, and if you think that my post is waste of time then why reply.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, I am saying that the sort of money required to fullfill your vision of what the series should be is a pipe dream. How do you propose to make this all happen? I keep hear about what needs to be done, but I have yet to hear how it CAN be done.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Monaco
    It is about the cars. But more specifically, it is about the cars that race at Indy. You can't fix the Indycar series, until you fix Indy itself. Indy should once again be like Le Mans, and stop trying to be like Daytona. It should be the place where the worlds greatest auto makers come to race against each other putting to the test, and proving to the world, the merits of their latest 'green' technologies. Unless the track is sold to someone who understands what made Indy great in the first place and why they were called Indycars, there will be no way to rebuild what should never have been destroyed in the first place.
    You seem to be under the impression that Le Mans is a one off race and that the manufacturers flock to this one race spending bucket loads of money for one race. That just is not the case, Le Mans like the Indy 500 is the cornerstone event of a series. A series where teams build cars that they can race at multiple venues and amortize the development costs over that series of races.

Your call for fixing Indy while ignoring the Indycar series is a non starter. I'll ask the same question of you that I asked Fiat1, where do you propose to come up with the money to build a car to run at one race, the Indy 500? Without a series there is no Indy 500, teams simply can't afford to spend the development dollars to build a car and only race it one time a year. No sponsor will put up enough money for one day of exposure.

Again I hear what needs to be done, but I see no financial prospectus or business plan as to HOW to do it.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Self serving Championship Auto Racing Teams are live and well in today Indycar. What today IndyCar can learn from 80s and 90s? THE CARS AND SPEED MATTERS!!!
    Wrong. They have a product that sucks I'm just stating the fact, and if you think that my post is waste of time then why reply.
    And you are stating more than the fact, you are suggesting what needs to be changed. All starter and I are saying is you are suggesting what but ignoring the how. We are replying because we are trying to get the point across that without the "how" the "what" is a waste of time.

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    And you are stating more than the fact, you are suggesting what needs to be changed. All starter and I are saying is you are suggesting what but ignoring the how. We are replying because we are trying to get the point across that without the "how" the "what" is a waste of time.

Gary
    I'm not suggesting anything but my opinion that cars and speed are reason why people watch this type a racing. They can replace co every year,they can make czars,they can replace owners,presidents,drivers end everything else,but nothing will change before they move away from spec. Ugly ,slow bumper cars won't do anymore ,but you and all aur 0.2 frends know that already.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Monaco
    It is about the cars. But more specifically, it is about the cars that race at Indy. You can't fix the Indycar series, until you fix Indy itself. Indy should once again be like Le Mans, and stop trying to be like Daytona. It should be the place where the worlds greatest auto makers come to race against each other putting to the test, and proving to the world, the merits of their latest 'green' technologies. Unless the track is sold to someone who understands what made Indy great in the first place and why they were called Indycars, there will be no way to rebuild what should never have been destroyed in the first place.

I know the IRLista arguments for staying the course on this failed experiment. The economy sucks, there is no money anymore, nobody would build a car, blah, blah, blah... And yet Le Mans has no problem attracting top automakers developing expensive technology for a single race. Maybe an easy solution would be to adopt their engine formula so last years Le Mans engine can end up in an Indycar in front of American audiences the following year.

But that's all wishful thinking on my part. So is my hope that when Indycar dies, F1 takes to the track again in Long Beach. Although that scenario is more likely to happen.
    excellent post!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree that IndyCar is not in a position where they can make the teams buy new equipment.

However, they should allow more development on the equipment they already have, and seek to encourage more participation. For example, IndyCar could allow production based engines to compete against the race engines built by Honda and Chevy. Obviously, rules would need to be figured out, but anything to encourage more participation is good.
    Brian Carroccio
    IndyCar Columnist, AutoRacing1.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bricarr2
    I agree that IndyCar is not in a position where they can make the teams buy new equipment.

However, they should allow more development on the equipment they already have, and seek to encourage more participation. For example, IndyCar could allow production based engines to compete against the race engines built by Honda and Chevy. Obviously, rules would need to be figured out, but anything to encourage more participation is good.
    Exactly, give them current skeleton,rule book and good luck. Open competition ,it would be good start and something to look forward to.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Exactly, give them current skeleton,rule book and good luck. Open competition ,it would be good start and something to look forward to.
    Fiat:

Skeleton is the perfect word. Start with a DW12 and the engine specs and allow SOME innovation.

I also think the production engine alternative is something worth exploring. It got a bad rep back in the day, but people forget that was largely a CART/USAC issue. With the the series now back under one roof it can be managed better.
    Brian Carroccio
    IndyCar Columnist, AutoRacing1.com