Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    The more interesting question is, why in the name of all that's holy did they hire Loic Bigois in the first place That man has been in F1 since 1990 and has designed exactly two decent cars in that time (the 1997 Prost and the 2009 Brawn) two out of 22 is not exactly track record to attract a job at a major manufacturers team
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The funny stuff is that the rules to 2013 are really similar to 2012. If they are developing the 2014 car with the hope to repeat the 2009 success, I can buy that, but for 2013... I don't think so.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Easy! a faster car!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    The funny stuff is that the rules to 2013 are really similar to 2012. If they are developing the 2014 car with the hope to repeat the 2009 success, I can buy that, but for 2013... I don't think so.
    Sorry to say but the aero rules will stay mostley the same as next year for 2014.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Sorry to say but the aero rules will stay mostley the same as next year for 2014.
    Sorry to say that you are wrong.

The nose will be lower, the front wings will be smaller and smaller rear wing angle.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Alonso needs something Ferrari have forgotten in recent years. They need a complete team dedicated to the car and drivers.... yes driverS... both of them. If they quit treating Massa like a dog (or whatever driver becomes the next #2) they will end up with better car development as well as team building. Not to mention the points that driver can take from Fernando's opponents.

The win at all costs approach of Ferrari is costing them IMO. They need to get back to the roots of what made them great and the passion that inspired such attitudes.

Alonso drove a great season without doubt, and the car hurt him. But much like Felipe missing out on his WDC, he and the team need to celebrate such a close season, refire the passion that got them there, and try even harder in the following season.

I think it is going to take a bit more than just a better car. Ferrari needs to work in several areas.

First and foremost they need to get the wind tunnel fiasco sorted out. It that is done car development should be back to its best.

They also need to rethink their attitude towards Massa. I mean that's a man, who came to within one point of winning the title for them in 2008 and they still treat him like the red-haired ******* child. A lot was made of Massas appaling early season form, but some of the blame has to go to the team. Leaving a driver as emotional as Massa dangling without a contract until the last possible moment is going to hurt self-esteem. Once he had that monkey off his back, he was a serious contender again. Had Ferrari done that two months earlier, the title might have been in Maranello now. Eddie and Rubens got their fair share of #2 treatment, but at least in the early season they were often allowed to race for themselves and they were never left to their own devices as Ferrari has done with Massa. Shafting a driver, like they did in Austin does not go by without mental impact on the driver.

They need a Massa on his best next year, because he needs to steal points from Button, Vettel and maybe Lewis or Kimmi. They won't get that if they treat him like something you scrape off your shoe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Ferrari need to book an appointment with Dr Ruth as they cant stop shagging Brazillians. Saying that, I think Massa and Rubens before him only have themselves to blame. If they don't want to take it up the exhaust, then stop picking up the soap.

As it is, Massa knows he's paid lapdog and should concentrate on doing a better job of it. it was only a threat of losing his position that seemed to shake him out of his slump and put in some good drives in the last part of the season. He needs to accept his job and do his best, not keep moping about.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I think Ferrari need to book an appointment with Dr Ruth as they cant stop shagging Brazillians. Saying that, I think Massa and Rubens before him only have themselves to blame. If they don't want to take it up the exhaust, then stop picking up the soap.

As it is, Massa knows he's paid lapdog and should concentrate on doing a better job of it. it was only a threat of losing his position that seemed to shake him out of his slump and put in some good drives in the last part of the season. He needs to accept his job and do his best, not keep moping about.
    I think you oversee a few things here. First of all, he lost the WDC in 2008 literally in the last corner and half a year later he suffered an almost fatal accident. That's enough to break a Klingon's will add the punching-bag treatment of Ferrari on top of that. I'm not surprized he's been in a funk for so long.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    I think you oversee a few things here. First of all, he lost the WDC in 2008 literally in the last corner and half a year later he suffered an almost fatal accident. That's enough to break a Klingon's will add the punching-bag treatment of Ferrari on top of that. I'm not surprized he's been in a funk for so long.
    If he was that affected, don't you think they wouldn't have signed him again or are they getting all sentemental. They weren't all soft and fluffy when they eased out the Tifosi hero, Schumacher, so why go all soft when it's someone that hasn't brought them a championship?

No. Massa is the Poodle and gets paid to act in a supporting role. I'm fed up of all the guff about his accident as it doesn't wash any more. He's back and has driven some good races but when he gets unmotivated, it's always the "oh, he had an accident" excuse. Funny how when he's threatened with losing his contract, he suddenly finds some form again