Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alonso and Ferrari - What's in going to take?

Fernando Alonso has lost championships by 1-point in 2007 (still with McLaren), 4-points in 2010, and 3-points in 2012. I'm not a fan of Ferrari in the least, but I'd love to see Fernando be more competitive throughout the season and have more wins. I wonder what Ferrari are going to do in order to make that a reality for Fernando in 2013.

I didn't know Formula 1 drivers could have a thousand yard stare.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    The only thing that's needed is a competetive car. Reliability, team work, development speed were all there, but they started with a turd on wheels and polished it vigorously throughout the year...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Adrian Newey
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

I wouldn't make so much of Adrian Newey. Yes, he still is the best damn designer there is, but the first half of the season has shown that he might come up with a less than brilliant car, too. He needed half a season to come up with a solution and 2000-2009 have shown that he's beatable, too

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    What if the difference between Alonso and that last little bit is because of the relative brilliance of other drivers? Alonso is very very good but in 2007 he was beaten by Räikkönen, and in 2010 and 2012 he was beaten by Vettel.
    Formula One is a sport where that last 1% matters. What if that very last 1% is purely down to the drivers, if the car is worth the other 99%?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    What will it take?

A faster car.

Fernando has done all he could this season, and if he had a car as good as Mclaren or Red Bull over the course of the season he surely would have won the title by a margin.

Just my reading of the situation.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    What if the difference between Alonso and that last little bit is because of the relative brilliance of other drivers? Alonso is very very good but in 2007 he was beaten by Räikkönen, and in 2010 and 2012 he was beaten by Vettel.
    Formula One is a sport where that last 1% matters. What if that very last 1% is purely down to the drivers, if the car is worth the other 99%?
    He is one of the best. Someone, who qualifies Minardi's in 15th position and wins three GP in a dog of a car like this year's Ferrari is definitely one of the best. Given competetive machinery, he'll be in it for the title. In 2010 he only lost the title because of the atrocious strategy of Ferrari at the last race. As Brazil has shown, a lot of things have to come together to lose a 15 point advantage in the last race. Ferrari was up to it as a team this year, only the car was a complete bag 'o balls. (in that regard they weren't up to it). If they can build a better machine next year, especially for the early season, he'll get his third. Also remember that the three times he lost the title in the last race, he was beaten by a maximum of 4 points.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    2007 - stewards shouldn't have interfered with the debacle at the Hungarian GP. That was a matter for McLaren to sort out and grid penalty was uncalled for, IMO.

2010 - Alonso was made too many errors and was pushing too hard in the first half of the season.

2012 - car development not quite good enough.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Bring back Briatore. He'll make it happen!
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Things can change overnight. I do feel surprised Ferrari hasn't been able to keep up consistently with the top cars since like 2009. At least they have beated McLaren this year.