Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    With Petter there is a known quantity. Unfortunately that quantity is continued failure. It's time to chance the arm with exciting new talent that will bring results not continue the mistakes of the past.
    The next Ari Vatanen, Colin McRae or Seb Loeb is probably already in our midst but we'll never know, or get to experience the joys, unless we give them the shot.
    This is EXACTLY the point I'm making and to those who make the point that Petter is the greatest character in wrc, I 100% agree and for that reason he would be a huge loss, but what is better for wrc, The rise of a new talent to the forefront of the sport, or Petters fantastic Character?
    Bear in mind his character was enhanced by his amazing battles with rivals through out the years. My opinion is that I want the young guys to have a chance to form great rivalries and battle like Petter has in his career. That forms Character. That makes rally really exciting again. (In my opinion)

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Amongst others ... and no bias at all.
    He's with my ex girlfriend and I'm still a big believer in him!!!!! lol. (how many of you guys could say that?)

There is no substitute for real talent and a winning attitude. He's a good bloke that deserves to be in the WRC. Maybe not quite yet, but after prooving himself in selected WRC drives like Neuville had.
    Sideways for life

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    I don't think for an moment Petter is the Řstbergs favorite for the second seat either, they fish in the same sponsor marked...

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Juho actually drove WRC and it wasn't bad considering it was two years before he joined Škoda But yes, that's more a piece of curious history than a relevant thing. Anyway current WRC cars are same with S2000 cars except more power and better aerodynamics. It's no big step and no big difference for a capable driver. Except real rallies Juho drove also Polo WRC by the way.
    I know that Juho has driven WRC car before, but I mean an actual 1.6l car. You are right of course that the transition between s2000 and wrc car isn't big, but my point was that first you have to prove your speed in that kind of car before getting a factory seat.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    After Peter crashed in Spain at the very same place as last year, I reckon he is completely over for this sport.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    After Peter crashed in Spain at the very same place as last year, I reckon he is completely over for this sport.
    Actually, it wasn't excactly the same place. But I agree with you, I think Petter's time in WRC is over, unfortunately.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    When you as an former champion and still one of the fastest out there are asked to pay 2-3 mill euro for a drive i guess it is time to call it quits and look somewhere else (WTCC or Global Rallycross).
    I agree completely with Viking and especially with Global Rallycross he can keep his name well-know.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    One more thing to say and I stop attacking Solberg. I see several people contending he deserves a drive just because he was a champion 10 years ago with 1 point advantage. So, are Gronholm and Hirvonen less deserving than him just because they missed it for 1 point? (Retoric)

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82
    ... but my point was that first you have to prove your speed in that kind of car before getting a factory seat.
    If that theory was applied historically neither Loeb nor Ogier would have gotten a factory seat. The fact is a competitors speed and competitiveness should be evident regardless of what they're driving.
    Of course the whole thing would be a lot easier if the WRC formula was a car that privateers could both gain access to and afford.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    This sport needs Solberg 'cos he's good ambassador of it.