Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Congratulations Seb!

3 x F1 WDC!
    Not bad at all. Keep up the good work.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Yes, great result. It was such an exhausting championship win, but a richly deserved one, he never gave up. After Monza I thought that it is over for him. Fortunately, I was wrong!
    Formula 1

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Well done Seb.

He proved today is can pass in an attacking way and that he derserved this championship.

I feel for Alonso, but I am sure if he has a decent car next year he will battle again.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Uugh... incredible to write now, while still living in emotions. What a race, what a conclusion to the season!!

As have been discussing before, it wasn't an easy season neither for Vettel nor for Red Bull. They had a challenging start to the season, they had a challenging middle part of the year. Seb had great dominant runs to race wins, he also had damage limitation fights to P4-P6's.

But Sebastian fought hard all year, sometimes even too hard as some of the penalties (Germany, Italy) he received, indicate. This was supposed to be a lesson to him, how hard can he race.

To be honest, I personally already lost hope after Monza. I felt that this is not his year, the car is not fast enough and from time-to-time he is having setbacks (reliability, penalties). So I was already thinking that „it’s fine, everyone can have a bad year, now it is someone else’s turn to win, let them win for a change”.

But a string of six podiums brought back the championship lead after a deficit of ~40 points to the leaderboard. Like the scenarios from 2010 and 2007, we have seen a WDC emerging after needing to come back from a long way behind.

My personal favourite moment of the year? Interestingly it is from a race, where RBR was struggling. The same race at Monza, where Vettel was doing his utmost to somehow keep up with the superior McLarens and Ferraris. His hard racing against Alonso reminded some of Schumi’s robust defences, but this time stewards thought it was too much. In any case, this was the race, where he had to fight hard, really hard – to avoid the WDC lead slipping away too far.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Big ups to Seb on a great championship season!!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I will give my congratulations slightly begrudgingly, but in fairness a WDC is won for an entire season's performance
    so congrats Vettel
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Congrats RedBull-Vettel

Glad you at least had to sweat for it a little at the last race though
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Firstly I find it sad and pathetic when one announces that they have lost patience with F1 and leaves then comes back when their favourite driver is back to winning ways.

Congrats to Seb thogh he is just about a worthy champ and another title fight where at least one driver was better with least errors. His greatness will contineue to be questioned.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    His greatness will contineue to be questioned.
    Does it really matter though? If you cross the line to win, you could care less if you are considered 1st, 2nd, 5th or 10th best driver on the grid. That's why I don't get into those "deseving" arguments. Those guys race for results - and the World Championship is the ultimate goal. If this has been achieved, nothing else matters.

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Still thuink this is a yellow flag, and he compleated the pass

AUSmotive.com

Steve