Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    If Michael would've put up a fight, there was the potential for Vettel to make a really good move, turning MS inside-out.
    Pulling over was a win-win. MS side-steps potentially having Vetel make him look siily, Vettel gets by easily.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont think at that point Michael wanted to jeopardize either of their races, a tussle even a small one can go anywhere, when there is so much rain and the collateral damage might have left Vettel without a certain WDC, so honestly as a friend there was no point in doing that. If people would remember in Brazil 06 a few guys did let him go without much fight. I definitely loved the Kimi vs Schumi battle dejavu, both guys exactly at the same place instead kimi took the inside line pretty awesome I think!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Vettel was faster than anyone else on the track at the moment, it was raining and Schumacher was way slower than Vettel - and knew it. Why should he have engaged in a useless fight. It was obvious that he didn't want to. He would have done if 6th or seventh would have made a difference, which it didn't.

You said yourself that he would have had to give away that position anyway, but in reality it just looks as if you're bitter that another 'chance' went by for Vettel to make a mistake and retire from the race.

You seem to forget that Schumacher was in Vettel's shoes at least 5 or 6 times - going into the last race with a shot at the championship. He knows what it is like, when you're caught up in needless fights in such a tense situation. And besides, I doubt that he would have made a lapping maneuver unnecessarily difficult for Alonso, had the situation arisen. He was simply staying out of the way in the title decision.
    Considering that Horner has said he considered saying "Hold position , he had no idea whether the shoe would let him off easy .
    And , he considered it because firstly , he didn't need the position , and secondly , because Michael is known to be a formidable opponent .

I am bitter , but not for the reasoning you give .
    Bitter because both know how the race without hitting each other , and I was denied the spectacle . We all were .
    It was a race for position that didn't happen .
    It was Michael's last race for position .

As for whether he would have fought with Alonso , I have no idea , but I would have the same opinion if he didn't .

Staying out of the way in a race affects the outcome .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was good to see him back, missing the legend! Too bad he couldnt get up there, i guess you can get too old for that... Stuff.
    If he wants to come back again thats his choice.. Imo his done, later he would become even more traffic on the grid..the sport needs more fast top drivers that can comoete for the title, like this year.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Anyone can begrudge Schumacher his achievements all you want but when you look back and watch driving like this, it just makes you appreciate how special the man was in his day:

F1 Spa 2002 Qualifying - Michael Schumacher Lap (ITV Commentary) - YouTube

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He let Vettel pass for two reasons. One, to help stop Alonso winning the WDC, two, to help stop Ferrari having a WDC driver.

BTW, is not about begrudging his achievements, its about acknowledging that he was a terrible arrogant "antisport", parking at rascasse, crashing into hill and JV, all that type of thing- terrible.