Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Half
The other main event we did was Boucles de Spa early in the year, and we had a complete disaster. Crap weather, crap stages, numerous stage cancellations, too many spectators causing huge delays. It was a complete nightmare and I don't think I'd bother going back again unfortunately. That being said the atmosphere in the town the night before was superb.
Made a small correction:
Crap weather > Belgian weather in february
Crap stages > bad choice of places
Numerous stage cancellations > I think just one of the 12 stages was cancelled (first one)?

About the spectators you are correct, they shouldn't make it a free event, there are way too many spectators and too many who are not really interested in rallying, so they make a public party of it (with too little respect for others). It's by far the worst organisation in a big event in Belgium, chaos is the key word... The event was very close to being not organized anymore next year, but apparently they'll organize it again (16th of february), but I'm not sure if I'll go there, even if it's only some 2h15mins of driving, last 2 years the organisation was not worth it.