Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's behind the dark area that's so important?

The line constantly scrolls because that's what Fox came up with when they started covering NASCAR in 2001 and everyone has copied it ever since.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    What's behind the dark area that's so important?
    How about they don't waste that area? Either make it transparent, or move information display up a bit so that the viewable area is bigger.

The line constantly scrolls because that's what Fox came up with when they started covering NASCAR in 2001 and everyone has copied it ever since.
    Just because everyone is copying it, does not mean that it's good. The whole screen format looks amateurish to me, too much flash and eye candy without a purpose. I find the scrolling line terribly distracting.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just a quick update. NBC Sports Network has released their 2013 F1 & IndyCar line-up. As expected, Leigh Diffey will be lead commentator, alongside analysts Wally Dallenbach Jr, and Townsend Bell. Jon Beekhuis is going back to being a pit reporter, alongside Marty Snyder and Kevin Lee. Robin Miller will also be a roving reporter as well. Not too many changes, but I think a good move to swap Townsend Bell and Jon Beekhuis, as Townsend Bell has driven the DW12 and should be able to give a more up-to-date analysis in the booth. Looking forward to the season starting now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember leigh's commentating from back in the v8supercars days, he did a hell of a job then. So he will work a treat for the NBCSN.
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, Was I hallucinating last night? Or was Bob Varsha not on NBCSN hosting the F1 coverage in Maylasia?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I heard and thought the same thing. Guess he got an early release on his contract at Speed.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I heard and thought the same thing. Guess he got an early release on his contract at Speed.

Gary
    ....or borrowed for some events,in any case it was good to see him there
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    I remember leigh's commentating from back in the v8supercars days, he did a hell of a job then. So he will work a treat for the NBCSN.
    I thought broadcast was pretty good,but still think that closer shots and different angles would be much better than high up above shots.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butplug Maximus
    OK, Was I hallucinating last night? Or was Bob Varsha not on NBCSN hosting the F1 coverage in Maylasia?
    My guess is that NBCSN will "borrow" Bob Varsha when Leigh Diffey is covering IndyCar later in the day. At the moment, Malaysia, Bahrain, Belgium and Japan are the only F1 races that have a clash with IndyCar, so I reckon Leigh Diffey will still do the other 15 races and Bob Varsha will just fill-in on occasions.