Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    He did a FANTASTIC job today in Var for Team Saintéloc
    I really hope a full 2013 program with the 207 S2000 with that same team, and developping the 208 R5 and driving it for Peugeot-Sport(second half of 2013)

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Frijns won the WS 3.5 title, which is a lower series than GP2 and against a field of rather poor drivers. Had he won the GP2 title against strong opposition then it would be a different matter. Frijns won against Jules Bianchi who couldn't make it with GP2's most successful team ART Grand Prix (Now Lotus GP). If Frijns wants to get into an F1 team (except those three "F2" teams at the back of the grid), then he has to win the GP2 title in his first attempt. Winning a lower category is always evaluated by who you beat. Just claiming the title is no guarantee. The same can be said for Valsecchi as he has also won the GP2 title against really poor opposition and in his 5th attempt. That title carries very little weight for the F1 team bosses. So summa sumarum, I think Breen will make it into WRC, whereas Frijns should focus on winning a proper title if he wants to make it into F1 - and win it in his first attempt.
    The thing about Frijins is that he has already won three championships at his first attempt, so that in itself must indicate potential (even if the Formula Renault 3.5 title was only decided after a controversial clash with Bianchi). To return to topic, I believe that there have been layoffs at Breen's family business, so the same level of support as before may not be available. A works-supported drive with Peugeot in the ERC would be the ideal.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well taking Driver of the year can't hurt Breens chances of progression to the big stage. And for the doubters of his pace making up 32 seconds to take third and the stage win on the final stage of rallye du Val is damn impressive.

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-FIN
    Well Lappi showed some pace with non works fiesta @ norf.. I dont think its that much slower?

I think Breen is very fast and made wonderful comeback this year after accident. But still i dont think that he has the speed to highest level. In my opinion Elfyn Evans is fastest uprising Brit atm.
    Pardon the interruption, Just a quick note; In fairness yes, Elfyn & Craig are from Western Europe but Craig certainly is not a Brit (Understandable mistake to make but it can get irksome, especially when anything Irish is sucessfull, gets claimed as "British" but when not doing so well, then back to being Irish.. the Welsh & Scots get the same treatment too)
    Now back to the topic

While Hayden has shown definite (and pleasantly surprising) speed in PWRC last year, he was unlucky this year, he needed both to win the SWRC this year. It would be fantastic to see both Craig & Haydon battling it out on the stages in the future in top machinery, I'd imagine very close fights and some damn good, flat out attacking on the stages from both.. The kind of battles that make rallying great TV and worth travelling to see

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bf1_IRL
    Pardon the interruption, Just a quick note; In fairness yes, Elfyn & Craig are from Western Europe but Craig certainly is not a Brit (Understandable mistake to make but it can get irksome, especially when anything Irish is sucessfull, gets claimed as "British" but when not doing so well, then back to being Irish.. the Welsh & Scots get the same treatment too)
    Now back to the topic

While Hayden has shown definite (and pleasantly surprising) speed in PWRC last year, he was unlucky this year, he needed both to win the SWRC this year. It would be fantastic to see both Craig & Haydon battling it out on the stages in the future in top machinery, I'd imagine very close fights and some damn good, flat out attacking on the stages from both.. The kind of battles that make rallying great TV and worth travelling to see
    As with most things Hayden does. If he doesn't win one year he comes back and blitz's everyone the next. Getting out the Mitsubishi was the best move he made.
    If he comes back in a S2000 expect a serious ass wipping of his competition. But to be honest I think he has shown the pace and he now needs experience in a WRC car.

The one person I really do wonder how they got into WRC is Tanak. He needs a personality. Based on talent I understand, but PR ability?

Breen is a good guy, along with Paddon and they are a heck of a lot more marketable.
    Sideways for life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bearing in mind how Ostberg took the regular Nordic passage of going straight to a WRC car like Solberg, Hirvonin and JML and is now a factory driver. I wonder if this truly is the key to making it to the top of this sport, that maybe competing at the lower level creates a handicap that is hard to overcome for the young drivers?