Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravettFan99
    Forget Plato, Neal, and Shedden having at it at the front and wowing the crowds with their amazing driving ability! AlfaFan is reasonably upset; I know what he must be thinking. Leave it to the driver's TRUE ABILITY, not the SPEED AND MAXIMUM CAPABILITIES OF THE CAR. That is what proper touring cars are, the display of talents of drivers and teams... I don't see even the DTM making modifications to favor drivers who apparently drive slower than their grandmother!

I know that in F1, the teams make modifications to their car to make them faster, and sometimes a certain team dominates the series, but a series organization making the most infuriating and ridiculous rules just to favor glorified club racers is utter crap. Is BTCC hitting the self-destruct button by taking these actions? I sure do feel that way. I know the big names and manufacturers are not present any more, but seriously?
    If this is saw fit by the leading organization here, why not have all forms of sports do this? Hey, why not take the Premier League,
    and subtract 2 points from the points the winning team earns in every won match to support the losing team? Sorry, but I am very sure that will disgust all the fans. Please, keep the level playing field, forget this silly rule, and banish the idea from ever being introduced into the series.

I wonder how some of the top drivers feel about this, I'd be interested to hear their opinion.

Sorry if I am too harsh on saying this...
    Not at all — I think you make some very reasonable points. The sad thing is that I believe the championship would be perfectly entertaining and competitive without all the gimmicks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why can't teams just accept that if their car isn't fast enough, its because they haven't done as good a job as the other teams? stop equalizing everything because it doesn't work.

Either that or follow the Aussie V8 Supercars idea of making the rules so tight that all the cars end up practically the same in terms of speed anyway. Thats how you get entertaining racing. Soft tyres and reversed grids just cause crashes. Crashing isn't racing.
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    BMW dominated 1993
    Alfa Romeo dominated 1994
    Audi dominated 1996
    Renault dominated 1997
    Nissan dominated 1999
    Not to mention Fords domination of 2000, and Vauxhall in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    What I can't understand is why TOCA is, seemingly, afraid of allowing a truly level playing field unaffected by boost changes, weight penalties and so forth. I am convinced the racing would be little affected.
    I absolutely agree, why can't we just have the best drivers in the best prepared equipment winning instead of making it "unfair" by trying to make it "fair". Let's go back a few years to something like the late 80's early 2000's, BTCC was much more fun and interesting then before TOCA started to put in these F1 style gimmicks.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Why is that a problem?

I don't get why people don't follow F1 at the minute, arguably the racing this year has been more interesting than the BTCC (every touring car race I watched seem to settle into a bit of procession after 6 or 7 laps). There has also been some truly great racing between drivers over the last few seasons, like last year when Button and Hamilton had a great battle in Turkey.

As for boost in the BTCC, well they have to try something that's going to minimise the amount of whinging and moaning from Plato, Neal and Shedden, they've made such a fuss between them over the last few years that it's become a bit of a joke series IMO., more so than if they start messing around with the rules.
    The reason why that's a problem is because it's a car not an aircraft. Aircraft technology has been around for a long time now, why has it taken F1 so long to notice that? If aerospace technology must be used in car racing then it should have been taken on board in the 50's-60's.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMLCruzeing82
    You must of been watching the WTCC, i dont recall the BTCC having any races with any procession
    I must agree on this one.