Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    The fact that all the teams wanted Montreal back when it was absent for one year and as a result Bernie offered them a discounted sanction fee. It's a successful, well-attended event, they just need to upgrade the facilities a bit. It will stay on the calender.
    It's outside Europe so it's probably quite safe from the Bernie axe, based on his recent comments about losing three or four races in Europe...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would love to see IndyCar on the Il d'Notre Dame. Its a fabulous circuit, and they need more than one event in Canada.

However, it must be said that Montreal is a political minefield with Bernie, the local government, track promoter, etc. I think IndyCar is better off looking into Mont Tremblant or Quebec City.
    Brian Carroccio
    IndyCar Columnist, AutoRacing1.com

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I'd genuinely like to see IndyCar try to make a deal to race at Montreal. As for New Jersey replacing Montreal, Jersey has had problems just getting off the ground and I question its longevity, in light of that. New Jersey is a lot closer to me than Austin and although I love F1, I have no plans to attend an F1 street race in New Jersey. If I couldn't go to Montreal, I would choose Austin. In fact, Austin might be the race that I'd most like to attend in the near future.

Montreal is just a great and legendary venue. IMO, that's where IndyCar should try to make a deal.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    OK, I understand. The fact is you are speculating.
    ...in an argument where the other party was speculating as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I'd genuinely like to see IndyCar try to make a deal to race at Montreal. As for New Jersey replacing Montreal, Jersey has had problems just getting off the ground and I question its longevity, in light of that. New Jersey is a lot closer to me than Austin and although I love F1, I have no plans to attend an F1 street race in New Jersey. If I couldn't go to Montreal, I would choose Austin. In fact, Austin might be the race that I'd most like to attend in the near future.

Montreal is just a great and legendary venue. IMO, that's where IndyCar should try to make a deal.
    I always enjoyed our time in Montreal. Great circuit, fantastic fans. Nothing has yet to come close to being a huge an event like we used to have in Vancouver, but Montreal would be a nice place to start.
    Green, Green, Green!