Well guys, it's all over. It's a bit sad that IRC went out with a whimper rather than a bang, but it certainly did make rallying a lot more interesting for the last few years.

I'm pleased that it gave manufacturers without a car in the top category a chance to compete for outright wins and titles, and that it provided us with revolutionary and unmatched live tv coverage (who could forget those live Monte Carlos?) I'm pleased that it gave a home to many classic rallies which were dumped from WRC and a bigger stage for some great European rallies too, and I'm pleased that it gave us some great close battles and unpredictable events which were really worth following.

Above all it gave a home to many great drivers who might otherwise have been left on the scrapheap and it has really developed the talents of Kris Meeke, Thierry Neuville, Juho Hanninen and Andreas Mikkelsen; at least two of whom I see being right at the top of WRC competiton for many years to come.

So thank you Eurosport, not everything was perfect, but the sport as a whole would have been poorer without you. Now please go and do as good or an even better job with ERC!