Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Sergio Perez. After he signed with McLaren he became really clumsy
    Formula 1

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    Webber had an awful race. I have to give it to him.
    I wonder why he always has such trouble at the starts, that is a big issue with him IMO
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    All were racing incidents but I'd give it to Checa.

If I was Whitmarsh I'd be cringing at the thought of Checa of coming from nowhere and having to carve his through the field and expecting rivals to move over for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears
    Webber made a mistake with Maldonado. He squeezed him on the apex, and Maldonado had nowhere to go. I thought the Massa incident was 50/50 considering Massa actually ran slightly wide. I thought the stewards made the right calls today. Agreed with Perez.
    Shock horror! Pastor is blameless! At that point his tyres were gone and he was 2s a lap slower.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I think Button is worthy of mention as well for braking too early to allow Vettel past. I think were it Lewis he would not have gone by but he's quite a distant donkey.
    Fingers had better tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge

Shock horror! Pastor is blameless! At that point his tyres were gone and he was 2s a lap slower.
    so he should have just conceded the position and allowed webber to chop in front of him?
    fair is fair, pastor was not to blame for this one

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    so he should have just conceded the position and allowed webber to chop in front of him?
    fair is fair, pastor was not to blame for this one
    I fully agree but its highly strange given that with previous racing incidents Maldonado gets the most blame.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Yeah, I am disappointed in Pérez. The biggest problem here is that due to driver inconsistencies Sauber is having a hard time catching up with Mercedes in the WCC. I mean Mercedes should be easily beaten, they are barely capable of scoring points these days. But still Sauber is making hard work of it.

Sad that Grosjean got involved in incidents again (1st lap with someone, who I don't remember any more). Looks like he has tried to be more cautious in recent races, but it is still not always enough... When Di Resta, Pérez and Grosjean were fighting on one piece of tarmac, there was such feeling in the air that something is gonna happen with overenthusiastic young drivers battling it all out.

Oh welll, anyway, a lot happened... I think it would be easier to count drivers, who didn't have any incidents during the race.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I fully agree but its highly strange given that with previous racing incidents Maldonado gets the most blame.
    lol, indeed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well in all honesty. Both Red Bull drivers were sloppy.

Webber looked horrid for some reason. He was involved in accidents with Maldonado and Massa. It was not Maldonado's fault at all and he was on some 30 lap old soft tires. Massa was a weird one because I think Felipe was trying to avoid a possibility of an accident, but he lost control of the car. Mark was trying hard to make up for that start, but that has been a problem with Mark his whole career. Sometimes he pushes a bit too hard in some situations.

Vettel was running into Senna and I thought he should have received a penalty for that overtake on Grojsean. Vettel looked a bit unsettled having to overtake from the back of the field.

Perez was up there as well, but Webber takes the cake in this case.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bias
    Vettel was running into Senna and I thought he should have received a penalty for that overtake on Grojsean.
    Vettel actually let Grosjean past again before re-passing him.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Sergio Perez. After he signed with McLaren he became really clumsy
    No he hasn't changed one bit. He's been completely level headed not allowing his McLaren contract to change him.

The only difference is that whereas people didn't notice his mistakes because they were buried in the midfield now they do. He's only scored points in six races out of 17. I think he's had the same number of DNFs, mostly if not all from collision damage.

Going from off-track straight onto the apex with two cars close behind was suicidal.

Perez was definitely the donkey for me but I'm biased as I'm a Sauber fan and we could have closed up a lot with Mercedes today.

Webber made a few rookie errors like his move on Maldonaldo so he runs Perez a close second.