Page 94 of 277 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
    Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Entrylist for rally 6h of Kortrijk this weekend http://www.rallylovers.be/nb/7376/Ra...rsvoorstelling

I'm in the region this weekend, so will spectate some stages
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    First victory of Vincent Verschueren with the DS3 R5 at '6 uren van Kortrijk'. He won a close battle against Casier in the Fiesta R5!

Happy for Vincent after a tough year, waiting so long for the car to arrive and then quite some problems during rallies with the car.

3. Likes: Mirek (23rd November 2014),vino_93 (24th November 2014)
    Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    In 2015 the Belgian championship will have 9 events, of which 8 best results will count for the title. I think all drivers complain about the calendar having too many events. Who has budget for 9 rallies (average length of 190 km SS per event)?

So all events in BRC:

Rally van Haspengouw
    Rallye de Spa (new event)
    TAC Rally
    Rallye de Wallonie
    Sezoens Rally
    GEKO Ypres Rally (counts for ERC as well)
    Omloop van Vlaanderen
    East Belgian Rally
    Rallye du Condroz

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    In 2015 the Belgian championship will have 9 events, of which 8 best results will count for the title. I think all drivers complain about the calendar having too many events. Who has budget for 9 rallies (average length of 190 km SS per event)?

So all events in BRC:

Rallye de Spa (new event)
    is it on tarmac? also some ps on the f1 circuit?thanks

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    is it on tarmac? also some ps on the f1 circuit?thanks
    On tarmac yeah, maybe some small gravel section like we see in East Belgian Rally. Stage on SpaFrancochamps is possible yeah.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can someone mabye send me some info as Im going to attend the Legend Boucles for the first time next year and don't know what to expect (bar loads of incredible cars and night stages!!) haha

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cian Donnellan View Post
    Can someone mabye send me some info as Im going to attend the Legend Boucles for the first time next year and don't know what to expect (bar loads of incredible cars and night stages!!) haha
    Spa isn't a real rally in fact. It's a regularity event, the average speed drivers should get is 80kph on every stage. In reality it is impossible on most of the stages (only 2 stages where some drivers got to the average speed this year), so you have to go as fast as you can. It has been a nice event, despite the bad organisation. Having delayed and/or cancelled stages are more a habit than an exception and can be quite frustrating for spectators, especially when there's some big regroup halfway the day and they suddenly manage to start on time again. Still the atmosphere and stages are great, and there are always many great drivers and some legendary names at the start of the event.

The event will be completely different next year, and it could be quite disappointing... I'm not even planning to attend the event at this point. What happened is some dispute between the city of Spa and the organizers. So the organizers took the name and will organize their event in another city, some 80kms away. I think on the long run this move will be a catastrophy for the event. At least 75% of the stages will be different I think, compared to last years. For example the legendary "Clementine" stage will be out, it will be replaced by some other forest-gravel stage, but nobody really knows how good it will be. Also part of the fame of the event goes away, and a big part of the atmosphere. Also I think many "big" national drivers won't bother searching for a historic car to enter this event anymore, many are fed up with the messy organisation and the extremely expensive entry fee. Also there is a new event in the Belgian championship in Spa, another reason for national drivers to save their budget for "proper" rallying.