Page 183 of 188 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1871
    Liked 413 Times in 185 Posts
    Spa Rally was a crazy rally. Difficult stages, lots of rain, unexpected twist and a lot of crashes... My opinion:
    1st Cherain (DS3 RRC): Poor start but very strong on Saturday in the rain. Expected him to be faster on Friday, but won anyway.
    2nd Allart (Fabia R5): very regular but invisible rally. Moved up to 2nd because of the problems and crashes of the others.
    3th Verschueren (Fabia R5): Looked like he was going to have a very bad result for the championship. Start on SS1 with doing 1 lap to much up and around the Spa circuit... Not the codriver fault, but the driver didn't listen! Then a small off, 2 punctures etc on Saturday, but still managed to climb up to 3th.
    4th Fumal (DS3 R5): Gentleman driver, he had a spun in front of us, but overall a good and regular rally for him.
    5th Bouvy (Porsche): Best of the Porsches. But would have been beaten by Snijers (untill he too retired) if not for the codriver of Snijers: 3 minutes early, then 8 minutes early and then 8 minutes late. So at the end of Friday, already 12 minutes 20 of penalties
    7th Rouard (DS3 R3t): young guy, his first year in the Belgian Championship and a class of his own in FWD. Also 2nd overall in the championship now!
    8th Delhez (Adam R2): good driver, first R2 and first Junior, although the level isn't very high and De Mevius retired with a broken Engine on SS2.
    10th Dehaye (Golf Kit Car): special mention for this female driver. Nice result in her VW Golf Kit Car.

Retirements:
    De Cecco (208 R5): Engine on SS2
    Fernémont (Fiesta R5): retired after day 1 with some mechanical problem I think
    Lim (I20 R5): very strong start, the surprise of the rally! Couldn't believe his times with his lack of experience. But very clean driving and that pays off. Unfortunately he hit a stone in a cut, not really a big mistake but broke his suspension.
    Dilley (Fabia R5): good start, was very fast. But had a double puncture on Saturday which caused his retirement.
    Abbring (208 R5): too wild pretty much everywhere in the rain. But very impressive on Friday. Crashes and damaged his suspension.
    Debackere (Fabia R5): good rally for her, better than I expected. But ripped a wheel off on Saturday afternoon.
    Kenis (Mini RRC): Lost the brakes
    De Maerschalck (DS3 R5): OK rally, could have finished 2nd but retired with some electrical problem.
    Maeyaert (Fiesta R5): difficult rally. Switching between good stage times and mistakes. Went off and got stuck in a ditch during the last loop. But he showed potential for sure!
    Princen (Fabia R5): Big crash on the last stage... Almost lost victory on the last stage in Round 1 and that maybe pressured him into his mistake. Although bad visibility and lost of concentration because of that was also a part of the reason. Princen broke a rib so will possibly miss the next round too... That could be dramatic for his championship chances.

But, the last word isn't yet spoken about the rally. Cherain, Fumal and Maeyaert are under investigation for using non allowed tyres. Something to do with a rain compound (Pirelli for Cherain and Fumal) that might or might not be allowed in the FIA Regional Rally Regulation. But I don't know exactly what it's all about.
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

2. Likes: dimviii (20th March 2017),Jeppe (20th March 2017),Mirek (20th March 2017),Munkvy (21st March 2017),Rally Power (20th March 2017),WUff1 (21st March 2017)
    Liked 5,755 Times in 2,731 Posts
    keep us informed dupanton about the tyres.

Liked 873 Times in 395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    watch Abbring at 0,50sec

https://youtu.be/1J2CeCfDvJw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96XQCLcMuGQ&t=0s
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

5. Likes: dimviii (20th March 2017)
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

7. Likes: eddy707 (20th March 2017),stefanvv (20th March 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    keep us informed dupanton about the tyres.
    I will do! Still not entirely (entyrely? ) clear what happened.
    I think they used this tyre:
    https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6c&oe=595A82E4

Discussion I think is that the tyre is allowed in WRC (apparently it was developed for WRC Germany) but isn't on the FIA list of admitted tyres for Regional Rallies.
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

9. Likes: br21 (20th March 2017),dimviii (20th March 2017),Mirek (20th March 2017)
    Liked 462 Times in 159 Posts
    Yes, I heard the same, and for my understanding of Belgian rules it's not allowed tire.

Liked 213 Times in 138 Posts
    Forgive me for clogging up the desk with my Britishness, but all this Spa footage made me excited for my annual Ypres visit in June, so I thought I'd ask the more knowledgeable amongst you (so everyoen, compared to me), which of the local regulars are likely to do Ypres or not? Assuming the pound doesn't crash too badly before then (possibly too positive thinking), this is what I could put together for the R5 contingent from available information on TER and the British championship, thought I'd ask which locals are likely to join. As far as I can work out, De Cecco and Allart certainly won't be there, at least not in R5s. Will the RRCs (ie: Mini) be eligible?

Citroen/DS
    BEL - Cedric Cherain?
    BEL - Kevin Demaerschalk?
    GBR - Jonny Greer
    TER - Simone Tempestini

Peugeot
    BEL - Kevin Abbring

Ford
    BEL - Pieter-Jan Maeyaert
    BEL - Claudie Tanghe
    GBR - Osian Pryce
    GBR - James Slaughter
    GBR - Keith Cronin
    GBR - Alex Laffey
    GBR - Rhys Yates
    GBR - Jamie Anderson
    GBR - Euan Thorburn?
    GBR - Matt Edwards?
    GBR - Tom Cave?
    TER - Bernd Casier
    TER - Bogdan Marisca
    TER - Jaroslav Orsak

Skoda
    BEL - Guillaume Dilley?
    BEL - Kris Princen
    BEL - Vincent Verschueren
    BEL - Axel Boxoen
    BEL - Melissa Debackere?
    GBR - David Bogie
    GBR - Marty McCormack
    GBR - Desi Henry
    GBR - Fredrik Ahlin
    TER - Stefan Gottig
    IND - Hermen Kobus

Hyundai
    TER - Chewon Lim
    TER - Giandomenico Basso
    IND - Thierry Neuville

I realise that not all of these will be super competitive and presumably a Porsche or two will show some of them up, but I was bored at lunch and fancied writing a list. Any of your superior knowledge would be much appreciated, but could be a pretty nice field if this is in any way accurate (high 20s, low 30s).
    Last edited by dodge33cymru; 21st March 2017 at 13:07.
    aka Rodger Davies

12. Likes: Rally Power (22nd March 2017)
    Liked 410 Times in 186 Posts
    Not all of TER will be sure at Ypres. Demaerschalk and Debackere will be sure though. Normally also Sylvain Michel in a Fabia. Becaert in a DS3 too.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

14. Likes: dodge33cymru (22nd March 2017)
    Liked 462 Times in 177 Posts
    Cherain and Fumal disqualified due to the used tires.

16. Likes: dimviii (23rd March 2017),Mirek (23rd March 2017)
    Liked 3,523 Times in 1,584 Posts
    Ups

Crazy final results then - 1. Allart, 2. verschueren, 3. Bouvy
    Last edited by Mirek; 23rd March 2017 at 16:24.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump