I know its early, but in light of the interesting thread on F1 2013 compared to 2012, I thought with the big changes on the cards for 2014 it mightb be interesting to discuss what F1 2014 will look like in terms of the season and the teams approach.

Afterall I think personally that 2013 will remain so stable that it will be really close and tight like 2012 and the order wont change much.

However from some things I have heard people say, 2014 will spread the field wide open again as teams go completely different ways on the 2014 design and engines could vary in performance widley. Going back to the 5 or 6 even second spread on say the early 2000s or late 90s perhaps rather than the 1 second covering the top 16 as we sometimes get now.

Also would it be worth a team like Caterham taking a chance on still being around in 2014 and fogetting 2013 completely and just have a 2013 car and do no further development on it and throw loads at 2014. Afterall if all stays similar Caterham have little or no chance of catching the midfield, but with the potential spread of the field and relatively clean slate for 2014 it could be worth the getting set early and they might find themselves up the field.

What do people think?