Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you cannot expect to build your career when you are in your 30s and waiting from some nobody rich saudi to give you chances...

the boat has long sailed for meeke for a career int he World rally Championship... unfortunatelly for him and some other fast drivers who with proper backing could do good things in he sport they fell victims to this whole motorsport cost cutting recession thing...

Only hope is that Hyundai builds a proper car and gives meeke a chance.... but the early videos are dissapointing...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NxOxT
    you cannot expect to build your career when you are in your 30s and waiting from some nobody rich saudi to give you chances...

the boat has long sailed for meeke for a career int he World rally Championship... unfortunatelly for him and some other fast drivers who with proper backing could do good things in he sport they fell victims to this whole motorsport cost cutting recession thing...

Only hope is that Hyundai builds a proper car and gives meeke a chance.... but the early videos are dissapointing...

Woah,I thought AFF's hurricane had blown the mouse fart away!
    Good to have you back, even if its with a different username

And, I must say I'm not holding my breath with Hyundai's rally campaign either...
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this place was reeking with politeness and compliments to every tourist and nobody driver.... time for the mods to earn their pay once more.... not as often as before though... do not want to spoil you.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    @NOT, Gronholm was building his carreer while in his 30's. So it can be done. Meeke is a very talented driver but is IMO driving way too agressive. In fact it often looks like he is "over-driving", attacking until you're at the point that you're not really gaining time with it anymore, but the chance of a crash increases... Same can be said about another very talented driver, Craig Breen.

About Hyundai, I don't believe there is any chance for Kris Meeke there. Citroën however... It doesn't take much to perform better than Sordo at this moment...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes but Gronholm is just 1 driver...you know anyone else that managed to do that so late ?? Also Gronholm was lucky and got his chances at a time where manufacturer invested in drivers no matter the cost... now i doubt they will do that... I amnot saying that Meeke is not fast...of course he is but does he have the money to support a career before he gets chosen ? and what future does he have when we see drivers who are much younger than him already being faster ?

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    You see age as a "best before" label... For example Mikkelsen and Ostberg are younger, but have got the chance to gain much more experience in WRC than Meeke did. I doubt Mikkelsen or Ostberg have more margin for improvement than Meeke. Looking at Citroën at the moment, they have 2 drivers who are over their peak, and who are not performing good enough. When you see Meeke being easily faster than Sordo in Finland, while he hasn't been competing for a while, it's quite clear to me. For me Meeke is one of the drivers who deserves a chance. If Citroën wants to do something proper next year, they need Neuville, Ostberg or Meeke, in stead of Sordo.

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Also Tommi Makinen raced his first WRC rally with a works car when 30 and first time full season at 31. Meeke may not go for championship but decent results are surely on the agenda with a good car.

Personally I would prefer to see him in a Citroen next year and not gamble with Hyundai, and if he is impressive then he may have a chance to jump ship to another team.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Can't wait for Rally Australia now

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    You see age as a "best before" label... For example Mikkelsen and Ostberg are younger, but have got the chance to gain much more experience in WRC than Meeke did. I doubt Mikkelsen or Ostberg have more margin for improvement than Meeke. Looking at Citroën at the moment, they have 2 drivers who are over their peak, and who are not performing good enough. When you see Meeke being easily faster than Sordo in Finland, while he hasn't been competing for a while, it's quite clear to me. For me Meeke is one of the drivers who deserves a chance. If Citroën wants to do something proper next year, they need Neuville, Ostberg or Meeke, in stead of Sordo.
    Yes, Meeke has great potential, he has attitude to speed and I like such. But as you said he has lot to learn, and he can if he has given a chance in top team. Probably I can agree for Ostberg he had limit his potential, too bad he had bad luck this season with mechanical issues, did some crashes too (in Portugal if I remember right), but for Mikkelsen I'm not sure yet. It is his first (almost full season), probably there is more to come, he had some fast times recently, lets see if they're not a "glimpse"
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Freddie Flintoff took Kris for a roll!
    A League Of Their Own - Freddie's rally crash - Sky1 HD
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever