Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    We will never get a lot of proper manufacturer efforts again, just the token efforts that Honda and MG have provided. Supply the team with shells and panels and pay for the hospitality, but don't put an enormous amount of funds in.
    I have never seen anything wrong with that. The era of huge manufacturer support in the BTCC was nice, but (a) an anomaly and (b) unsustainable. I don't feel manufacturers are the be-all and end-all of any motorsport formula; indeed, as we all know, there are many disadvantages regarding their involvement.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In regards to the best driver of 2012 i would say its aron smith. He has been strong in that focus. When heis out front he can holders own. I do however think his offing of Plato at Knockhill was wrong but he is good.

as for worst driver. Defiantly andy neate. He was a a major ? Mark for me when he was announced as 2nd driver at mg at the start of the season. If Plato had a stronger team mate they could have pushed for the title better,similar to sheds and Neil.

Ppersonally i would like to see Paul o'neil team up with Plato next year in he mg

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Frank Wrathall who was his predecessor as Ginetta champion, did well last season, but Morgan was poor this year. Although I am wondering if he wanted to be there in the first place.
    Seems like he did, given that he's opting for a second BTCC season in an Avensis run by his family team.

Adam Morgan to race with family-run Cicely team in 2013 BTCC - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com