Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry Sick and tired of fuel mileage shows!!!!

I have been following NASCAR for 42 yrs. It is insulting to call it "racing" when the fastest cars have to pit with 5 or 6 laps to and some STROKER comes for 6th to win. HOW is that a race? Is it now wrong to soundly thrash the compitition by being FAST and LEGAL? Years ago fans wre CRYING about yellow flag finishes, how about the unfastest guy winning? Give'em back their 22 gal. fuel cells and let'em RACE!!! I don't give a rat's a** what car it is if he's leading with 5 to go and 2nd isn't gaining, you should win. Leading with 2 laps to go? 2nd is .5 sec. behind ? Yellow comes out, you win , too bad he (2nd) couldn't have caught you sooner. NASCAR, really needs to look at these finishes. When the top 3 or so cars run out of fuel on a G-W-C, was it a race?? Come on!! Put the race for the win BACK in the hands of the driver and car, NOT the calculator!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it way more interesting when fuel milage isn't in question and Jimmie Johnson wins by half a lap?

Speed is measured as distance divided by time. Why is it wrong if one car goes the same distance in less time by eliminating a pit stop?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm so glad that race didn't come down to fuel milage. It was so much more fun knowing Matt Kenseth would win with 20 laps to go.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the problem with American forms of Motorsport is that drivers don't win races because they're the quickest but because circumstances have been arranged in such a way as to allow them to win. Just like when a driver gets into a big lead, they put a car out to close them all back up again. I'm not sure any of it can actually be described as "racing". I'm sure the drivers cannot get that much satisfaction from it.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the problem with American forms of Motorsport is that drivers don't win races because they're the quickest but because circumstances have been arranged in such a way as to allow them to win. Just like when a driver gets into a big lead, they put a car out to close them all back up again. I'm not sure any of it can actually be described as "racing". I'm sure the drivers cannot get that much satisfaction from it.
    Yeah, but In Europe the racing is exactly the same, in American Racing the drivers win because of the circumstances around and in European Racing the driver with the best car wins. I don't think it's a problem, it makes the racing even more exciting and what it should be, a lottery where you can't expect who's gonna win.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He was quoting Bernie Eccelstone. He said that when Mansell left F1 for IndyCar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    I don't think it's a problem, it makes the racing even more exciting and what it should be, a lottery where you can't expect who's gonna win.
    Why would you want racing to be a lottery?! You wouldn't run a marathon where after the leader had reached the 25 mile point, you reset the field for a mile sprint, meaning some guy at the back you had walked around the course had conserved enough energy to win the mile sprint and be declared the 'winner' of the marathon!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Of course it does, otherwise you could also say that Michael Schumacher shouldn't have started the F1 seasons in 2002 and 2004 but that they should have given him the World Drivers Championship trophy already before those seasons started... Same goes for the Constructors trophy anyway.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

The circumstances have been arranged in such a way as to allow them to win. Just like when a driver gets into a big lead the race or the riders.