Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will not cry at all if Varsha and Matchett move to NBC Sports Network, Speedvision then Speed used to be one of my favorite channels, it was God's gift to nonNASCAR racing fans, you had different racing series, diverse racing news, interesting shows.

Today's Speed is not that Speed, if I watch Speed on a regular basis is because of F1 and GP2, qualys, races, F1 debriefing, the preshow, the postshow, Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett make it better, but that's it, F1 and its feeder series is all I see on a regular basis on Speed.

As I said, you get the same feed, you will have the same exact images and the same exact graphics, if Varsha and Matchett move, you will get almost the same experience, I don't think I will miss Hobbs that much, I like the guy, but I don't think having 3 guys is a must if you keep the other 2, Will B. I didn't like that much at the beginning, but I think that was because I was used to Peter Windsor, and even tough I have learned to like Will B., I will not miss him that much.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    This is bad news. I can't stand the screen format NBC is using for IndyCar. Take a look here for an example (2012 IndyCar race):

[HD] IndyCar 2012 - Sonoma (Finish) - YouTube

A fifth of screen is wasted for no good reason. The scrolling line is extremely annoying, and for some reason it's at the top of screen making it worse. I guess I would have to find some kind of internet feed to watch F1.
    The graphics package for F1 is produced by FOM as part of the world feed.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    I just hope NBC does it up right and gets the three amigos.
    Varsha yes. Matchett I am ok with. Hobbs you can keep.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booger
    Does this mean we'll lose the best broadcast team, Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett? Please tell me it ain't so!!!
    WOW!!! This awesome news. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen a more biased trio in my entire life. What a bunch of clowns.

Is it asking too much to have a fair and balanced commentary???? I heard commentaries from other journalists who just told the story as unfolded. Without laughing at anybody, without rooting for ML so openly.

I wrote several times to Speed vision complaining by such an unprofeessional behaviour. It was very disrespectufl to all the non ML fans. Their constant support to ML and Lewis was a in clear opposition to what I consider to be good journalism.

I guess their laughing at any tinest mistake made by the Ferrari team is going to "deeply missed". I love having the last laugh. No surprise nobody in the Ferrari team would talk to any of them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Varsha yes. Matchett I am ok with. Hobbs you can keep.
    I would agree with you. The least unbiased was Varsha. The other two are unbearable. With that I don't mean to say that I would love to see the three of them go.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    moving it to NBC will have disastrous consequences
    I bet you the following will occur

1. majority of races not shown live
    2. races packaged and given the "olympics" treatment
    3. no showing of FP1, FP2, FP3 and probably no showing of Qualy also
    4. no varsha, Hobbs, Matchet
    5. some races not shown altogether

Try rojadirecta.com on your computer or on tv by connecting your computer to your tv. They show all races live for free.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I'm not sure if you're being serious or if that's cruel sarcasm. Given the continuing ratings plunge since the IndyCar Series moved to NBC Sports, I must assume that you're kicking the one-eyed, three-legged dog. Bad Andrew. Bad!

Unless I can find some other means of watching the races (legal or not), and that's highly doubtful, I guess I'll just have to make the best of what looks like a totally crappy situation. All of us unfortunate American F1 fans are in the same boat. So I guess we'll suffer together.
    Try rojadirecta.com. Is in HD live. The only thing is that's in Spanish.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Just like when my girlfriend cut her hair, I'll put up with it and deal with it... because I have to. F1 is my favorite sport. So whether NBC is good, bad or mediocre, I'll find a way to enjoy it, one way or another.

As for the 5 hours of coverage per weekend, I'm hardly impressed. That's less than we get with FP2, the qualy, F1 Debrief, the pre-race show and the race right now. Speed has also done a handful of F1 special features over the years. They've just done a flat-out great job, IMO. The director, video and stat guys are Johnny-on-the-spot every race... which makes the commentators look even brighter than they are. As for streaming, Speed also has that. And I can't DVR internet streams.

Screw it. It's done, or soon will be. It is what it is. We'll deal with it.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Just like when my girlfriend cut her hair, I'll put up with it and deal with it... because I have to. F1 is my favorite sport. So whether NBC is good, bad or mediocre, I'll find a way to enjoy it, one way or another.

As for the 5 hours of coverage per weekend, I'm hardly impressed. That's less than we get with FP2, the qualy, F1 Debrief, the pre-race show and the race right now. Speed has also done a handful of F1 special features over the years. They've just done a flat-out great job, IMO. The director, video and stat guys are Johnny-on-the-spot every race... which makes the commentators look even brighter than they are. As for streaming, Speed also has that. And I can't DVR internet streams.

Screw it. It's done, or soon will be. It is what it is. We'll deal with it.

At least 100 hours and F1 debrief won't be missed. All it was is a rehash of the past weeks F1 news at an ridiculous late night hour after the NASCAR Truck race was over.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    WOW!!! This awesome news. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen a more biased trio in my entire life. What a bunch of clowns.

Is it asking too much to have a fair and balanced commentary???? I heard commentaries from other journalists who just told the story as unfolded. Without laughing at anybody, without rooting for ML so openly.

I wrote several times to Speed vision complaining by such an unprofeessional behaviour. It was very disrespectufl to all the non ML fans. Their constant support to ML and Lewis was a in clear opposition to what I consider to be good journalism.

I guess their laughing at any tinest mistake made by the Ferrari team is going to "deeply missed". I love having the last laugh. No surprise nobody in the Ferrari team would talk to any of them.
    I agree. Varsha does remain pretty unbiased but Matchett shows his true colors when Q3 gets down to less than a minute to go.

If I hear Hobbs refer to Felipe Massa as "Phil" one more time I will reach into the TV and slap his bigoted face. I reminds me of when the Pittsburgh Pirates Radio announcer use to call Roberto Clemente "Bobby" because it sounded more American. Does he call Lewis Hamilton "Lou"? Jensen Button "Jen"?