Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Marshall your comments

Was disapointed in Steve Neal's comments about Marshalls. He did apologise later but it had already been said. Good job the car didn't catch alight again as I think they would have left it to burn.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It could've been worse, he could've put it on Twitter.. :P

I agree though, it was out of order. Not sure I'd leap off a 6ft wall towards a burning car too quickly.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It was quite nasty...
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whether he should have said it or not, Marshall's shouldn't take it too personally believing that they are on another level. If you sign up to do a job, you should do a good job, not cower behind a concrete wall and flail your hose around.

Yes, you volunteer for your sport. Get over it.

This man's assets were cooking! £££!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I loved the fact that when Neal went off in the next race they sprayed his car with extinguisher and it wasn't on fire. Clean that up if you think we cr*p.

It was a high wall to jump down. Worse when you are holding a heavy extinguisher. Neal knows the risks that his car might burst into flames. The Marshalls are there to help not put there own lives in danger for the sake of a car.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    Was disapointed in Steve Neal's comments about Marshalls. He did apologise later but it had already been said. Good job the car didn't catch alight again as I think they would have left it to burn.
    Steve Neal should pay for the bills whenever Matt and Flash damage their opponents body panels.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Steve Neal should pay for the bills whenever Matt and Flash damage their opponents body panels.
    What a silly comment. The thread was about his comments toward the marshals not about damaging someones precious body panels. Surely, if you want to comment on a thread please keep it on topic, or, keep quiet, or, post a new thread.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    Whether he should have said it or not, Marshall's shouldn't take it too personally believing that they are on another level. If you sign up to do a job, you should do a good job, not cower behind a concrete wall and flail your hose around.

Yes, you volunteer for your sport. Get over it.

This man's assets were cooking! £££!
    The man's a charmless c***. It's not the job of the marshalls to risk their own safety to save a f**king car, they are there to keep the drivers safe. From what I saw the marshalls got there very quickly (quicker than the time it took Neal to stop after the thing caught fire, do Honda not have radio?) and the fire was put out within seconds. Yes one chap tried just spraying from the wall, but it was a 5ft drop and he was holding a bloody great fire extinguisher. He also jumped down within about 1 second anyway. Perhaps if Steve Neal's assets are so important then he should make sure that he doesn't fit dodgy components that fail two weekends in a row.

Maybe he should also bear in mind that the 3 layer suit, Nomex underwear and £1000+ helmet that his boy had on provides a damn site more protection than the Proban suit that the marshal was probably wearing. And failing that, perhaps he could do the training and don the orange overalls himself and see how he reacts when there's a fire in his face, the ****er.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Maybe he should also bear in mind that the 3 layer suit, Nomex underwear and £1000+ helmet that his boy had on provides a damn site more protection than the Proban suit that the marshal was probably wearing.
    If so, do we consider that acceptable?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    If so, do we consider that acceptable?
    Yes, I think so. As far as I'm aware the marshals buy their own suits, to force them to buy 3-layer suits that start at £200 just isn't right (and would result in many no longer volunteering. The risk is also lower, the drive is more likely to be affected by fire so should naturally have more protection.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.