View Poll Results: Which Rallies should be included in the 2013 ERC (European Rally Championship)?

Voters
953. You may not vote on this poll
  • Acores

28 2.94%
  • Asturias

15 1.57%
  • Barum

82 8.60%
  • Bosphorus

31 3.25%
  • Bulgaria

35 3.67%
  • Canarias

16 1.68%
  • Coeur de France

5 0.52%
  • Corsica

76 7.97%
  • Croatia

11 1.15%
  • Cyprus

32 3.36%
  • Hellendoorn

6 0.63%
  • Ireland

41 4.30%
  • Jänner

76 7.97%
  • Madeira

29 3.04%
  • Mille Miglia

42 4.41%
  • Poland

58 6.09%
  • San Marino

33 3.46%
  • Sanremo

64 6.72%
  • Scotland

59 6.19%
  • Sibiu

10 1.05%
  • Sliven

68 7.14%
  • Targa Florio

11 1.15%
  • Valais

39 4.09%
  • Yalta

8 0.84%
  • Ypres

78 8.18%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    From all events, like WRC events, Barum, Ypres, Polski, Valais etc, you have always great videos everywhere with great spectacle, or amazing onboards with the stages... I haven't seen any from Sliven yet? Can you maybe post some in the Sliven thread to prove your statement? I would like to see some action from the event...
    Google was created for a pricks like you! Go find 'em yourself!
    Plenty of vids floating around the Y'tube ocean. Go find 'em yourself!

Start watching - stop moaning!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Of course Bulgaria has also the best drivers in the world, no doubt about it! Oh wait, but why I can't see even one on the ERC or WRC list of champions? This must be a conspiracy!
    You still can't see how silly you are?
    It's a matter of time.
    Things change.
    Mark my words!

Quote Originally Posted by liposh
    Stop it you bulgarian cauliflower-heads, do you want me to throw around your sandals? (Brno sentence for "fight" ) If you really want to discredit this poll so at least please vote for more rallies at once, not only for Sliven...btw. I have got also few hundreds friends on Facebook that never heard about rally, but I did some favour for most of them in past and they owe me this favour. But do I really want to do it? No, because it is childish.
    Childish was your fight statement. Go find a wrestle, boxing etc.. forums

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danon
    It's a matter of time.
    Things change.
    Mark my words!
    Normal sequence should be
    1) start organising a GOOD event
    2) enter IRC/ERC

Not the other way around...

So, organiser of Sliven Rally, go and improve yourself, and then try to get in ERC...

Quote Originally Posted by mousti
    Sliven Rally was such a fail this year that even Eurosport didn't want to do any coverage of it
    In your eyes only!
    Re-think it again if Eurosport didn't want to do the coverage.
    You would hardly know the reasons my dear!

Quote Originally Posted by dupanton
    Normal sequence should be
    1) start organising a GOOD event
    2) enter IRC/ERC

Not the other way around...

So, organiser of Sliven Rally, go and improve yourself, and then try to get in ERC...
    Organizers changed - the rally routes are given by nature! Never forget it!
    Rally Sliven has it all by default.

The Sliven's stages are unique on its own and can be only compared to the best of the rest.
    Ones seen - non forgotten!

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    I think u have drunk a bit too much of the wrong stuff under that three..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are no good or bad stages ( as said in other forums ) there are good and bad rallies. You can make an excellent rally with only one stage and of course you can have unique stages and to make one big failure. Here in Bulgaria once again we are trying to find the answer to the ultimate question, when already everybody knows that the answer is 42!!!!! The combination of bad management of our federation and the amount of bad decisions have led to the misjudgement of the motorsport community for our sport. As seen now we are picking the fruits of that - no IRC and no ERC for Bulgaria maybe for a long period of time. It is very hard for me saing that but unfortunately at this point this is the situation in Bulgaria along with all the other problems we are facing druging the events over and over again.
    And "danon" it is nice to defend our rallies in such a passionte way but let's be realistics - at this point our sport is agonizing and will die if smoething radical don't happen. And most of the events going at "THE TREE" are not pleаsant - AT ALL.

Any way, this Eurosport reveals 12-event European Rally Championship calendar - IRC news - AUTOSPORT.com is something that we can't blame anyone for.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Sensible opinion. Radical change is needed here in Bulgaria indeed, because the problems are too big and too deep, but what a regular fan can do about it (probably enjoy their "Tree" I don't know).
    It certainly won't happen here in this poll and this forum, no matter how many (overbloated) votes some Rally gets, Eurosport/Automobile Federation wouldn't care about this at all.

EDIT: And I believe we already what 42 means here in Bulgaria...
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rally Albena (later Bulgaria) used to be a milestone in ERC for 39 years in bad and good times. It is true that the quality of the championship was deteriorating during the last decade and it was time for a radical change in ERC.

Now it is sad to see Bulgaria out of the calendar ... but it was not a surprise: (i) Rally Bulgaria became a local event in the last two years, despite that it has a great opportunity after its one-off in WRC 2010; (ii) long lasting BFAS lobby in FIA devaluated with retirement of Mr. Janakiev; (iii) another great rally - Hebros lost its positions in 1998 (for the benefit of Barum, according to some sources); (iv) Rally Sliven IRC 2012 was a good event in terms of rally action and atmosphere, but it was managed unprofessionally (or in bad faith) and at some point organizers didn’t made the last payments to Eurosport and ruined their/our credibility for years (the day before ERC & IRC merger was announced!); (v) Nowadays rallying is more about money and “producing” a best seller show, than an adventure and passion, respectively small scale markets are doomed.

In conclusion: Although the heavy damage was done, there are people from new generation that should grab the opportunity and rebuild some of those events. Most of you guys can help with some ideas and support, instead of laughing on poor Bulgarian fans and their desperate attempts to attract your attention, obviously not in the smartest way, exalting Sliven stages …

For the rally passion there are no borders, we can easily speak one “language”, share thoughts and help each other with every one of you, which I believe is priceless.