Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts

Congrats on your 3rd title

Well, unless something like a miracle happens, nothing can change it anymore. Bad luck for Alonso who has an inferior car means the title is out of his hand. Nothing can stop the best car of the year anymore - RB is just too good for others over the year.
    So bieber will get his 3rd title. I couldn't think of a more an undeserved title, but hey, that's life.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    yep
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Very displeased. I would much prefer Alonso to win the championship.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Its sad that a driver will win 3 in a row, for the competative nature of F1, but it now looks very very likely.

Congrats to him if he does it, but I think its time for a different champion.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Its sad that a driver will win 3 in a row, for the competative nature of F1, but it now looks very very likely.

Congrats to him if he does it, but I think its time for a different champion.
    Red Bull has been the best car by far the last 4 years. The other teams should hire Newey who is one of the biggest reasons behind RB winning. With that car and nr.1 support pretty much every idiot can win a title.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Well, unless something like a miracle happens, nothing can change it anymore. Bad luck for Alonso who has an inferior car means the title is out of his hand. Nothing can stop the best car of the year anymore - RB is just too good for others over the year.
    So bieber will get his 3rd title. I couldn't think of a more an undeserved title, but hey, that's life.
    Yep, Lewis and Alonso have been the best drivers this year. We have seen this year that Sebastien isn't all that once he has not a superb car underneath him. Lewis would be leading the championship comfortably were it not for all his bad luck, all of which was out of his control. But you'd never know, a win for Lewis and retirement for Seb would put Lewis right back in it. Time will tell. It's not over yet.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am very happy that Seb now is close to the lead of the championship and I will be very happy if he wins it, because he really fights like a lion and in my opinion is very likeable. However, things change so quickly in F1, so I wouldn't say that he has already won the championship. 5 intense races remain and the battle with McLaren, Ferrari and Lotus will be extremely interesting IMO.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Red Bull has been the best car by far the last 4 years. The other teams should hire Newey who is one of the biggest reasons behind RB winning. With that car and nr.1 support pretty much every idiot can win a title.
    That's just not true. Williams have had a very competitive car this year and look at their points tally. A quick car means nothing without quality drivers. Ask Boullier.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Thanks for the congratulations! Although...

Situations can change rather quickly. Before Valencian GP Vettel and Alonso were roughly on similar points, but Vettel retired and Alonso won - points gap suddenly went large again.

In any case, even though Alonso has driven supremely well this year, I would be happy with Vettel's title and considering how tight the field in 2012 has been, anyone winning it in the end would be deserving. The level of competition is so high that it is truly difficult and challenging for anyone to win the championship - especially as it seems there are 8 teams with at least reasonably fast cars!

Alonso may have lacked some outright car speed at times and Hamilton might have lacked some genuine luck at times, but it has been a challenging year for Vettel too. For much of the season Red Bull hasn't had the car speed advantage like they had in 2010-11. Especially after the ban of some devices RBR was struggling to compete even for podiums on merit on several occasions. But Seb has done the damage limitation - collected the 4ths and 5ths, when the car wasn't that good to avoid dropping out of championship. And now, when it finally looks like RBR has regained some ground and circumstances are again more favourable, he is ready to attack.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I think this is way too harsh. Vettel got taken out twice out of a race by mechanical problems. Alonso has been taken out twice by a Lotus driver. I'd say that's fair enough..

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, but championship chase looks good for Vettel now.