Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Turner Excluded From Race 3... Views!

Article from crash.net found here:

http://www.crash.net/news_View~cid~10~id~145586.htm

From TV coverage, hard to see exactly what he did, i will have a look again later, but apparently excluded for his part in turkingtons race 3 retirement.

Now i didn't see that there was a lot of contact, he sure didn't nerf him off full on, but is this, along with jacksons black and orange flag all getting a little too health and safety mad? I'm all for safe racing, but steve soper in 2001 spent many laps touring around Oulton park with plooms of smoke and oil pouring from the back of his car from the race lead. I just feel it's all getting too strict!
    COMING SOON . . . b2 Original Teile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As I said in the main Brands thread, from where I was sitting in the grandstand on the pit straight it seemed like a bit of a harsh move. A rather late lunge from Turner.

As for the black flags, I did wonder about Mat Jackson in race 1, surely if the problem went away within the 3 lap window he shouldn't have had to come in? It was hardly slowing him down either..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It sounds like they are jumping hard on people to nip in the bud any sillyness before it gets out of hand.
    As for Jackson - if he ignored smoke from a tyre which might have burst then maybe he would ignore smoke from oil which is thrown down on the circuit or maybe smoke from a fire?
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTCC Fan#1
    As I said in the main Brands thread, from where I was sitting in the grandstand on the pit straight it seemed like a bit of a harsh move. A rather late lunge from Turner.

As for the black flags, I did wonder about Mat Jackson in race 1, surely if the problem went away within the 3 lap window he shouldn't have had to come in? It was hardly slowing him down either..
    S technical flag is given if a damaged car is endangering other cars. Maybe the CoC was worried he was putting oil down on the track.
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'd have to have a look at the Turner / Turkington incident again before passing judgement.

As for Mat Jackson; yes it was disappointing to see him lose his 3rd place in race 1, and therefore his plum grid slot in race 2, but drivers who do not respond to flags must be penalised. There can be no grey area here.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He did it right in front of me at Clearways (damn camera was pointing the wrong way though)

it wasn't a full on door banging, just a little tap. but it seems the BM's just can't handle any unsettling (FWD would just nail the throttle....) so I can see that being the BMW's weak point

Same thing happened at Paddock hill in Race2, but with Tom O-C (and DT ) but Tom got out onto the track, whereas Turks just kinda spun, then drove into the Gravel

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Seems rather harsh to me. It was no worse than any of the other contact in any of the races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dont really know about this incident did not see it,

but he he hit people in both of the previous races, deserved something to happen to him
    morefrag.co.uk - gaming services

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i havent seen the coverage yet, was at the races, turner seemed to be knocking into people all day e.g. giovanardi lap 1 race 1, onslow cole race 2, turkington race 3, maybe this was one too many incidents involving him

the jackson exlusion was a real shame, i believe it was gearbox oil rather than tyre smoke so, this is why it was important for him to come into the pits
    team156.co.uk

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    on its own i think he may have got away with it, but after a similar touch on TOC in the previous race and the first corner with Giovanardi i think the cumulative effect fair.

Pity for Jackson, but he was touring round dropping oil everywhere which needed a fair amount of clearing up, only fair to have been called in even if it wasn't adversley affecting his race.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.