Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    might be even better off when TG gets his hands on the series again....
    What? Are you serious? Oh, that's right it worked so well the last time the idiot grandson took over. Who was it that said anyone who doesn't understand history is destined to repeat it. Sure applies here.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey be kind. If it wasn't for Tony, Helio wouldn't have three wins

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Well, it worked so well the first time, why the heck not give him another shot? Maybe he'll bring in RIM as the new title sponsor and the BlackBerry will be the official phone. We'll take bets on whether the series or the title sponsor dies first.

If this happens, please let me know how it works out. I'll be getting off at the next stop... for good this time. I'll be joining the great majority who have already walked out the door.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is my gut feeling the "sisters" have had enough... will retain the speedway at this time but done with supporting series... It is published that indycar lost money in 2012, and TG's threat of no profit by 2013 was not an idle one, despite other posters opinions. I also think that Nascar ISC will be calling within 5 years for the speedway with an offer that "cannot be refused" and the aging dowagers will sell out to ensure cash for future generations of lil' georges.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Of course there will, just not for the ex-CART/Champ Car fans who all came over to watch the "merged" IndyCar Series and started complaining a lot..... It's even hypocrite as well, the IndyCar Series won't be like CART/Champ Car and never will be and might be even better off when TG gets his hands on the series again.... I dunno but there was a time when the attendance was good in Kansas, Nashville, Chicagoland, Kentucky, Milwaukee to call a couple of examples and this all decreased since TG isn't the boss anymore... I don't care about traditions, I just want to see some good piece of racing with at least a balanced schedule and not a schedule being dominated by road/streets because this series wasn't made for that. Having that said, the current series was made because the racing in the old IndyCar World Series would be too expensive and look what we have now.... There's a terrible economy and the new car is way more expensive and so the engines are.... The IRL was made for reducing the costs, geez...
    The IRL doesn't race on many ovals any longer because you oval fans don't support ovals, except on message boards, and that doesn't pay the bills. How much longer do you people think the George family is obligated to fund your sport?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer
    The IRL doesn't race on many ovals any longer because you oval fans don't support ovals, except on message boards, and that doesn't pay the bills. How much longer do you people think the George family is obligated to fund your sport?
    What the hell's the IRL? didn't that die about five years ago?
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    yeah, because it had too many ovals....
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Apparently, the name change to INDYCAR only seems to have taken place beginning with the 2011 season. Or, at least that is what one might gather from the two recent Record Books that have been released.
    Popular memory is not history.... -- Gordon Wood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I support this 100%

Bring it on make it happen let's get it done
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't waste your time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent