Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bricarr2
    Jose:

Its sad what has become of AOWR. But you're right it might be so damaged that no one can save it, with the exception of--ahem, NASCAR.
    Judging by what their (NASCAR) version of sports car racing is (Grand Am), I don't think Nascar's version of what open wheel racing should be is something that I would care to watch.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The board of directors of Hulman & Company accepted the resignation of Anton H. "Tony" George from the board Friday, Oct. 19. The resignation is effective immediately.

"Tony George has made the difficult decision to resign from the board because of his involvement with a group that has recently expressed an interest in purchasing the Hulman & Company-owned INDYCAR organization," said Jeff Belskus, Hulman & Company president and CEO. "While the business is not for sale and no offers to sell it have been considered or are being considered, we applaud Tony's efforts to resolve the appearance of a conflict and appreciate the gravity of this decision."
    INDYCAR: Tony George Resigns From Hulman & Co Board of Directors

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The end is nigh.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer
    The board of directors of Hulman & Company accepted the resignation of Anton H. "Tony" George from the board Friday, Oct. 19. The resignation is effective immediately....
    One could interpret this news to be an indication that TGTG is going to pull the trigger on the buyout. Otherwise, why would he quit?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthbigd
    One could interpret this news to be an indication that TGTG is going to pull the trigger on the buyout. Otherwise, why would he quit?
    Quit or forced to resign?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    we applaud Tony's efforts to resolve the appearance of a conflict
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it probably is a duck.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Honestly, if there is a buyout along the lines that the IBJ described, it could be a positive, provided that TG is just one of a number of investors, and remains as a mostly silent partner. If he winds up running things again, then I'll go back to watching F1 and ignoring IndyCar.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    Honestly, if there is a buyout along the lines that the IBJ described, it could be a positive, provided that TG is just one of a number of investors, and remains as a mostly silent partner. If he winds up running things again, then I'll go back to watching F1 and ignoring IndyCar.
    He is resigning a position on the board of directors of the company that owns Indycar to be one of a number of investors and be a silent partner of Indycar?

He used to be the president of the IMS, CEO of Indycar and the President of Hulman and Company, now he is only a board memeber of H&C and he is resigning to be just a silent partner?

Being a board member is better than nothing, but not what he used to be, if he is trying to buy Indycar, my guess is that he wants part of the power he used to have.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    One more thing: I can't imagine that Roger Penske and Chip Ganassi would get involved in a deal where TG was anything more than an investor. You'd have to be a damn fool to trust your money with someone who has failed so consistently and spectacularly as TG.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Why not just let it die a peaceful death? Why torture it and put it through this charade?

I'm not going to get political here. But this really is a big part of what's killing this country. The very same people who prove time and time again that they know absolutely NOTHING about offering a better product will raise their hand if they think they can turn a buck by employing financial schemes. You know as well as I do that if these village idiots had offered us fans better on track and off track products, they wouldn't be in this mess.

So tell me, what are they going to do next year that they didn't do this year, the year before or the year before that? If Boy George comes back to lead the charge, I can tell you exactly what they'll be doing in my case: putting on races that I will NOT bother watching! What a bunch of talking chimps! The whole lot of them! Oh yeah, and here's one for the road: FTG!!!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith