Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I can't see Cosworth existing on its own without a major corporation picking up its pieces, someone along the lines of WAG, Hyundai, or even Ford.
    Well, Ford wouldn't have much use for it now. Shame — for some, the two will always be synonymous.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Things probably went downhill after Ford disinvested out of Formula 1 in mid-00s, though even under Ford's patronage the results were kind of meager considering that Ford-Cosworth engines' biggest accomplishment within the past 30 years was Schumacher's first title in 1994, and that under questionable circumstances.
    True enough about the F1 situation. But as a racing and engineering concern, under Ford, Cosworth was involved in more series and projects than at anytime before or since. I can't remember the exact date (circa 2002-03 or so maybe?) but I was speaking with a Ford-Cosworth Racing engineer and he proudly spoke about how many series and types of racing where they had a heavy presence: F1, CART/CCWS, WRC, NHRA, Moto GP, sports car racing, boat racing and later they even got into NASCAR.

I never had the honor of meeting him, but I *think* that Bruce Wood is still with Cosworth. And he probably sees it very differently than I do, as a complete outside observer with no deep or day-to-day knowledge. I only know how much fun it used to be to chat with someone from Cosworth and hear about all the magnificent and varied things they were doing vs now. Other than F1 (and stumbling into the Marussia paddock area), I don't even know what racing series I could attend and see a Cosworth engineer. But for all I know, maybe their low-on-the-radar engineering projects are more than (financially) making up for their lack of presence in racing and motorsports.

Their motorsports page now looks rather empty and barren, compared to how it used to look.
    Cosworth Motorsports
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith