Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GARYGAZZA
    That 15%must be us Virgin Media cable customers who still do not get live races.Tank god for TVU.
    Yep, us Virgin Media customers make up 15% of NASCAR's domestic viewership.

This year's Daytona 500 was the highest viewing figures Fox have had for the 500 and the Bud shootout earned the second-highest overnight rating for any weekend sports broadcast on Fox.

Vegas was up by 2%...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Contrary to what Mark in Oshawa is saying I will try to make my point again.

The major point I am making is that NASCAR sets the rules & procedures !
    A person can take it as NASCAR presents it or move on.
    It gets really tiresome to see certain people constantly moaning against NASCAR.
    Yes, I may question a person's fan loyalty due to their constant belly-aching about anything NASCAR related.
    I think we have been infiltrated by some open-wheel promoters who would love to see NASCAR struggling.
    (just like their beloved open-wheel series are struggling)
    As long as there are men of vision in control @ NASCAR, it ain't gonna happen !

The bottom line @ NASCAR is : take it as it is or look elsewhere !

NASCAR is doing everything it can to make the racing better while also making it safer.
    NASCAR has learned from the tragedy of February 2001 & hopes to prevent it ever happening again.
    I think NASCAR is doing a great job & IMO too many people are looking for faults in NASCAR.

Be a NASCAR fan & be part of the solution or be a boo-bird & cry about everything NASCAR does.
    It is each person's individual choice.

BTW, here is something for the boo-birds :
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    Contrary to what Mark in Oshawa is saying I will try to make my point again.
    Stan, you might find life a little more pleasant around here if each of Mark in Oshawa's posts read like this (as they do for me):

This message is hidden because Mark in Oshawa is on your ignore list.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Andrew, welcome to the RFS and LeeRoy answer to everything. IF you dislike it, you are not a real fan.
    Thanks Mark, but I've become pretty familiar with this already.

An intelligent fan can accept change & not whine every time something doesn't go as expected.
    And yet it would seem as though I complain that the changes aren't big enough.

A person can take it as NASCAR presents it or move on.
    Well that's fine, except that NASCAR has done everything in it's power to take out its competition. Wether it's funding the IRL or keeping F1 on an obscure cable channel.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know about last year but it was 80*F on that sunday here in N. Illinois. 30*F above normal and like some(including myself)I was outside doing yard work and BBQin. I'm sure most of the country was nice also. Forgot all about the race. Could of had a little to do with it?
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another factor: Keep in mind the sampled homes changes depending on the cycle of changes by Dutch media giant VNU, which establishes the television ratings based on a sampling system.

If an NCAA men's basketball tournament game is a big draw, the Big Dance will usually win that weekend, since Bristol is up against the Regional Finals.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    . . . . or keeping F1 on an obscure cable channel.
    I love F1 . . . but the thought that the reason that F1 is on an obscure cable channel is due to the work of NASCAR is laughable.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mears
    I don't know about last year but it was 80*F on that sunday here in N. Illinois. 30*F above normal and like some(including myself)I was outside doing yard work and BBQin. I'm sure most of the country was nice also. Forgot all about the race. Could of had a little to do with it?
    I don't think situations like that would affect the ratings. The share is also down. While the rating indicates the percentage of all televisions that are tuned to the race, the share only measures televisions that are on during the race.

It's not illogical to assume that there isn't a connection between keeping F1 on Speed and NASCAR. NASCAR sold television rights to Fox who in turn buys the channel formerly known as Speedvision. By keeping F1 on a channel no one has, they wouldn't have to worry about loosing casual fans to it.

Bear in mind that Speed Channel was originally going to be a 24 hour NASCAR channel.

If you'd like to argue that if Speed Channel didn't show F1, no one would, bear in mind that ESPN is getting pretty lazy about what they call a sport. Today they were showing a jump-rope competition.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    It's not illogical to assume that there isn't a connection between keeping F1 on Speed and NASCAR.
    It's not only illogical it's . . . . well . . . I'll leave it at that. Bernie Ecclestone has the right to negotiate with any broadcaster he would like to. To think that he has to kiss the France Family's ring just doesn't make sense.

It's a typical open-wheel-fan excuse. Blame NASCAR for open-wheel racing's shortcoming instead of facing reality.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The reason F1 isnt doing well in the states is because the racing is crap, well most of the time.