Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Heres a new twist - Danica to Ganassi

Seeing that Danic is absolutely sucking in Nascar, The chipster mauy approach her to return to indy car in the his 4th ride. Save her career like he did with Dario, and what a save that was. I must admit, she was quite a distraction and actually weakend the series, and it was quite pleasant not hearing her around the paddock this year. I think the series was better for it. But as a pure marking move, throw this on the silly season burner. You gotta admint, she is well worth the marketing money, and at the end of the day, its all about the slaw, and that she can bring. Also, it gives her that chance of competing ( I wont say winning) the 500 as she desires.

Ps. we (my wife and i) dont particually are not Nascar fans, but tuned in the other day, and SHE said, danica, danic,. danics....is that all they talk about?
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disko
    Seeing that Danic is absolutely sucking in Nascar, The chipster mauy approach her to return to indy car in the his 4th ride. Save her career like he did with Dario, and what a save that was. I must admit, she was quite a distraction and actually weakend the series, and it was quite pleasant not hearing her around the paddock this year. I think the series was better for it. But as a pure marking move, throw this on the silly season burner. You gotta admint, she is well worth the marketing money, and at the end of the day, its all about the slaw, and that she can bring. Also, it gives her that chance of competing ( I wont say winning) the 500 as she desires.

Ps. we (my wife and i) dont particually are not Nascar fans, but tuned in the other day, and SHE said, danica, danic,. danics....is that all they talk about?
    Chip is not that brain dead............
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please...get her out of NASCAR!!
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Her career does not really seem to be going forward anywhere atm. It seems as though as she has practically stalled to me. What form of motorsport would she most likely be useful in?
    :champion: 1990 BTCC-CHAMPION w/ 207 points and 9 race wins :burnout:
    :champion: 1997 BTCC-Total Cup for Privateer's CHAMPION :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disko
    Seeing that Danic is absolutely sucking in Nascar, The chipster mauy approach her to return to indy car in the his 4th ride.
    So is there any REAL basis fo this or is it just speculation? To be perfectly honest if there is nothing to back this up, I'm tempted to shut down the thread. If there are no FACTS then it really has nothing to do with IndyCar its just talk about some NASCAR driver. I'll give it a day or two and see if anyone can back this up.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Danica always has been overrated, but she never finished lower than 12th in points in IndyCar so she's absolutely not an awful driver but the point is that if she returns to IndyCar, they're only going to talk about her and that's why I think for the sport it's better if she stays in NASCAR. She wants to win the Indy 500? Well.. She only finished ONCE out of the top 10 in that race, talking about her Indy 500 statistics and that was even because of a pit incident but despite that, I don't think she's capable of winning that thing anyway.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope she comes back and brings that 25% back. nascar is for birds, please come back we miss you baby!!! Don't close this thread just because you can, a little fun conversation never hurt anyone,and I thought that's what this is all about in the first place. Smile everyone and have a great day!!!
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Danica's career as a (pure) racer has been going no where for quite some time. Including her single, lifetime, professional level victory, I could count on one hand the number of times that she's been a real threat to win a race. Even Milka Duno has more professional victories than Danica. I actually cannot think of a driver, at this level, who has the same or fewer professional level victories than Danica. And she has NEVER been a threat to win a championship. Think about it... she's almost 31 years old and this is all there is. Once Danica and her handlers realized that she could be successful without being successful, The Brand was born and that's what she's been focused on ever since.

Including her endorsements, Danica is one of the highest paid racing drivers in the world - and NASCAR is a big reason for that. Last year, she was 8th among NASCAR drivers, earning roughly $12 million. Being in NASCAR, even finishing 2-3 laps down in Cup, guarantees her MUCH greater exposure than if she won half a dozen IndyCar races (especially considering where the ratings are now). But they say that this new car is harder to drive than the old one. And remembering how dreadful Danica was on road courses in her last season, with road and street courses now a big part of the schedule, she would probably be a rolling joke... even more than before. And even on ovals, seeing as how the series no longer has the cars nailed down to the track with downforce, she'd likely struggle there too.

While I'm sure that Chip (much like Dale, Jr.) has no problems providing a car if someone brings him a big enough check, the money that she can make in NASCAR, especially as she ages and the desire to see her in a bikini fades, is so much greater. Has anyone noticed how even the GoDaddy ads are featuring almost no Danica these days? And that one Peak ad, the one with the girl in the garage... I'm not sure if that's Danica or some other girl in a tight dress. But whoever it is, she is not the star of that commercial. Danica is no dummy. She seems to understand Nielsens and Q ratings better than Randy Bernard. And while she might do The Double at some point, I have no illusions that she's going to return to IndyCar, unless she stinks up her first full Cup season so bad that her sponsors completely dump her. And if that happens, I'm not sure who would pay for her IndyCar ride. Her only real value to any series is just the eyeballs that she tends to attract for doing a little bit of nothing.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    She has only won in go-karts if I'm right. She failed to win in all other series, even in Toyota Atlantics which was not having a very high level when we talk about drivers' talent back in 2003 and 2004. She came to the IndyCar Series and was going to drive for Rahal Letterman Racing and after her fourth place finish at the Indianapolis 500, everyone talked about her... Unfair, because her team mates where doing better. Vitor drove a good season and finished second at the Indy 500 and Buddy Rice also went to the podium twice... Danica didn't score any podium finish and still everyone knew her very well and no one knew who her team mates were.... Strange and a bit unfair.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    From a marketing point of view I almost wish she would try her hand at the Rally America championship. I doubt at all that she would be competitive, but possibly with one of the subaru factory cars since they are leaps and bounds ahead of the nearest privateer. The money and attention she could bring might bring at least some attention to the sport and it would be better than all the scuzzy skateboard pros they keep bringing in.
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year