Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

0.2 TV rating 10K (maybe) in the stands for a down to the wire schampionship finish

has Indycar jumped the shark ?

PS looks like even the diehards have given up.. I am the only one in this forum right now.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It ain't May yet, the only two weeks that count

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are we Allowed to talk about this now?

I tried to discuss this 3 years ago and was told by the now moderator that it was off limits .. I was nuts ... Didn't know what I was talking about ... Give it time .. Etc blah etc etc
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This is old news, so there's no need to discuss about that. This is going to be a topic full of whining about what should be better and what's wrong. Not a very useful topic, think the moderator might close it asap.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Are we Allowed to talk about this now?

I tried to discuss this 3 years ago and was told by the now moderator that it was off limits .. I was nuts ... Didn't know what I was talking about ... Give it time .. Etc blah etc etc
    You need to get back on the koolaid drip dude

Moderator Note:
    I am leaving this up as an example of what will NOT be tolerated in this thread. This kind of post said NOTHING about the message. It was about the messenger.

Get it?

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    This is old news, so there's no need to discuss about that. This is going to be a topic full of whining about what should be better and what's wrong. Not a very useful topic, think the moderator might close it asap.
    Really , I think it needs to be discussed like everything else that's wrong. Can't critic the wisdom of running the race at midnight on Saturday? I know, let's all brake in to a song together with a few that showed up, give me a break.There is a serious problem with Indycar tv and attendance and should be addressed by everyone, closing this post or any other is not gonna change that.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Really , I think it needs to be discussed like everything else that's wrong. Can't critic the wisdom of running the race at midnight on Saturday? I know, let's all brake in to a song together with a few that showed up, give me a break.There is a serious problem with Indycar tv and attendance and should be addressed by everyone, closing this post or any other is not gonna change that.
    Like they didn't learn anything from the last Joliet race. I think I saw someone at another forum blaming global warming.
    But they are discussing moving the Fontana track rental to October

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We were out pretty late and when I cam home I was pretty surprised to see the Indycar race still on and with a ways to go - I'd agree the hour was too late.....

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    0.2? Really? I'm not sure what they need to do at this point. As for jumping the shark, that happened several years ago. The shark that this series jumped is likely in a retirement home by now, only eating surfers who swim up to him and beg for a quick death.

I thought this was the best IndyCar race, with the most dramatic twists & turns, that I've seen in a long, long, looooong time! I really enjoyed it! I couldn't tell from the camera shots just how full the stands were, but to now see that such a great race got a .2 Nielsen is pretty disheartening. The ratings aren't even stabilizing - somehow they're continuing to spiral downward. They're not doing anything meaningful to promote the series or the drivers, so I don't guess I'm all that surprised.

IMO, it goes back to what I've said for over ten years now: sure, focus on cutting cost. But the consumer/customer doesn't care about what the costs are, as much as he cares about the value of the product. What has the IRL, CART, CCWS or this IndyCar series done to enhance value to the customer? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller???
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Beside bringing Kim Kardashian as new flag girl, I have some other great ideas that would work, but I don't come cheap.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!