Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Granatelli
    it's getting more popular, I know a handful of new fans so I know it's happening. if there were only 10K there (and there were not) why does the track want indy back? they like losing money? No.
    Your proof that it is getting more popular is that you know a handful of new fans?, Well, my proof that the earth is flat is that I personally live in a part of Texas that is as flat as a pizza.

My proof is that I know a lot of people who used to care about Indy Cars (CART, CCWS, IRL) and now couldn't care less, I remember meeting and having dinner with so many fine people during races, they couldn't care less about Indy Car now, I didn't miss a single race for years, I saw half of the races this year, and some of them just a part of it.

The thing is that your proof and my proof are not valid, they are just personal experiences, the real proof is the number of tickets sold (sold, not freebies), and the TV ratings, mainly the TV ratings, no one is watching anymore, but I'm sure your 5 friends that are new fans will move that 0.2 rating to a 0.201
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    No it doesn't.

The 2012 Indy 500 drew a 4.1 rating. The NASCAR race that same day drew a 6.7. So basically your "king" is NASCAR's b*tch!

Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrambide
    My proof is that I know a lot of people who used to care about Indy Cars (CART, CCWS, IRL) and now couldn't care less.
    That's me. I'm curious about Indycar for the same reason I'm curious about Lindsey Lohan. I'm just waiting for the news that one of them has died. My money is on Lohan surviving longer than Indycar.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)