Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts

Green / White / Checkers

How is G/W/C any different from throwing the red flag the last couple of laps? Except from the fact that G/W/C is used in every Nascar race and not randomly invented by the race director at the last moment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Difference can summed up in one word, fuel.
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    They should have done it laast week too.

As for GWC...HELL NO!
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GWC, The Chase, DRS, KERS, Push-to-Pass, all gimics, all should go in my view.
    Don't waste your time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven

As for GWC...HELL NO!
    No, they shouldn't. A super speedway should be completely clean when it comes to debris, not red flagging the race would have been asking for more trouble. I agree about the GWC thing; NO WAY!
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Green white checkers changes the whole race strategy after the race has been nearly completed - red flag less so. I prefer the red flag to GWC. I'd rather see the cars sitting than wait through yet another caution..... By the same token - yellow in the last say, two laps - oh well, race ends under yellow.... Frankly, if they are going to throw the yellow and foresee it lasting for more than 5 laps at any time during the race, they should just red flag it.... The cleanup could be done faster and better.... Bring out the "cheerleaders" or the "mascot" for entertainment in the meantime..... Or have a "free beer" red flag :-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancvino
    GWC, The Chase, DRS, KERS, Push-to-Pass, all gimics, all should go in my view.
    Agree.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven

As for GWC...HELL NO!
    Indycar should never stopped the race unless there is a multiple crash with life in danger. Indycar should follow their own tradition and stop copying manufactured type shows in my opinion.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last race of the season with championship in the balance. Good call for the fans & TV IMO. Difference in RED vs GWC is that cars are in impound without any service less battery back up.

For the future: Work on a way to reduce the amount of time it takes to bunch up the pack, get all cars in order, do pass-a-rounds, open the pits, etc.. Far too munch time spent in yellows. A single car brushes the wall and the race goes yellow for so long TV gets in 2 commercial breaks.

As for G/W/C no way.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dataman1
    Last race of the season with championship in the balance. Good call for the fans & TV IMO. Difference in RED vs GWC is that cars are in impound without any service less battery back up.

For the future: Work on a way to reduce the amount of time it takes to bunch up the pack, get all cars in order, do pass-a-rounds, open the pits, etc.. Far too munch time spent in yellows. A single car brushes the wall and the race goes yellow for so long TV gets in 2 commercial breaks.

As for G/W/C no way.
    Completely agree.

Beaux Barfield was in a no win situation.

GWC = gimmick

yellow/chequer finish = robbed