Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Congrats to RHR. Truly deserved it accomplishing on the road courses, street courses and ovals.

Quote Originally Posted by p1bump
    the 500 miler at Fontana would be more palpable if there were other 500's on the schedule aside from Indianapolis. As it is, it's a one off oddity of sorts, unlike the rest. It's akin to the superbowl being played ironman style instead of how the rest of the season has been played. Either way...
    A one off oddity of sorts is when you run Michigan 500s twice in the same year...

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    Now, who was it that told Will that he needed to pass RHR before the pit stop? Was it Tim Cindric? Why did Will need to pass Ryan at all? If he'd not tried to pass, chances are he wouldn't have been down that low and would still have been in the race. That was an unnecessary risk and it cost them a championship.
    Not sure who told him to go, but I think the impetus was the fact that the leaders were coming up behind Power & RHR at the time. I'd expect that if both were gonna be lapped, you'd want to be the first, just in case of a badly timed caution flag.
    Still a bad decision...Power should have simply stayed on RHR's tail for the whole race IMO.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edv
    Not sure who told him to go, but I think the impetus was the fact that the leaders were coming up behind Power & RHR at the time. I'd expect that if both were gonna be lapped, you'd want to be the first, just in case of a badly timed caution flag.
    Still a bad decision...Power should have simply stayed on RHR's tail for the whole race IMO.
    I think maybe it's time to bring in someone like Big Al to coach Will on how to win a championship. Al Unser Sr. won his championships not just by winning races but also completing races and that is something Will needs to learn. Another thing he need to do is make the decision to come into the pits and change the tires. By doing that he might have done better at Baltimore than being let down by his crew......
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A great end of a great season and a true champion has been crowned! Will Power once again finished second and does not deserve a championship until he proves himself on the ovals IMO but I liked the fact that he was able to congratulate Hunter-Reay, despite feeling so disappointed at that moment. Congratulations Ryan, the Indy 500 is probably your next step!
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I read Robin's article today and he mentioned something about ticket promotions for the race. What promotions? I didn't see anything about ticket promotions. At least for Long Beach I would see vouchers for free Friday admission at gas stations.

I'm just curious to see if I could've saved some money! =) Spent a total of $80 for general admission Friday and Saturday, and pit/paddock pass for Friday and Saturday.

Also, I spent $24 on six Gatorade bottles ($4/each) on Friday. I did a lot of walking around between the pits and going back and forth through the tunnel alternating watching from the grandstands and the pits. It seemed hotter than the devil's crotch that day!
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic
    I read Robin's article today and he mentioned something about ticket promotions for the race. What promotions? I didn't see anything about ticket promotions. At least for Long Beach I would see vouchers for free Friday admission at gas stations.

I'm just curious to see if I could've saved some money! =) Spent a total of $80 for general admission Friday and Saturday, and pit/paddock pass for Friday and Saturday.
    I got the following offer e-mailed from the Speedway:

2 General Admission tickets
    2 Paddock tickets
    2 Scanner rentals

For $89.00
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, that's a good deal considering what I paid. How did you get on the mailing list? Was it through the "Subscribe to our newsletter" section at autoclubspeedway.com? Or did you buy tickets to a previous 2012 event?
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    I did subscribe to the newsletter, but I also signed up for the Lefty's kid club for my 5 year old. Not sure through which channel I got the deal (same e-mail address).
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Being more used to Formula 1 style points system, I thought it was kind of gimmicky when Will Power's car was fixed up so he could complete a few more laps after a crash just to earn a few more points. The points are being given away too generously IMO. At very least, it would be nice if the pilot completed the majority of the race before collecting any points.