Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

\"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dario describing the up/down motion of the car on the bumps.
    \"If you have a problem with what I\'m doing, talk to me, get it all out, then shut up.\" - Juan Pablo Montoya
    \"I tell ya, if my name was \'Juan Pablo Montoya,\' everyone would just kiss my ass!\" - David Letterman
    \"That was a mugging.\" - Tommy Kendall \"You can\'t spell \'fiasco\' without the FIA.\" Those are shark gills, not shark fins! Get it right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    points scenarios posted by Tony over at MSF...

http://www.shanerogers.com.au/PointS...sUSVersion.pdf
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It seems the radio crew has never seen a red flag before.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Even in here, there's hardly any response to the Fontana race.

Will Power - often the bridesmaid, never the bride: Third runner-up finish in as many years. I wonder if Penske are pondering whether it was such a brilliant idea after all to get Briscoe ahead of Will at Sonoma. On the other hand, this has probably been Power's least impressive of the past three seasons, with all of his three wins (as compared to four by RHR) coming in the early stages of the season, the last one having been at round four in late April.

In any case, it was a good season without any major injuries or worse, and it's great to have a new champion.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to RHR for winning the Championship as he did exactly what he was suppose to do.

As for Will I feel bad about him losing the championship for the third straight year. Penske has a big problem on his teams and I don't know if it can be fixed without rebuilding all the teams. Tim Cindric has lost several championships with two very talented drivers and this year the biggest mistake was in Baltimore with the rain tires. That was the deciding factor that allowed RHR to catch and eventually win the championship. I do believe that if this is ever corrected it will be are to stop Will Power winning several championships. If Will Power ever gets that offer from Chip Ganassi to drive the 9 or 10 car he should take it if Penske is still unable to get that championship.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    First off, congratulations to RHR and Ed for their wins, both kept their heads when a lot of others did not. Both men earned their victories.

Now, who was it that told Will that he needed to pass RHR before the pit stop? Was it Tim Cindric? Why did Will need to pass Ryan at all? If he'd not tried to pass, chances are he wouldn't have been down that low and would still have been in the race. That was an unnecessary risk and it cost them a championship.

I've heard on this board any number of times that we need more ovals. After watching this race, I have to ask why. To the good, there were lots of lead changes, but let's be realistic, only those in the last 10 laps count for anything. Also, many of us had been wondering what would happen if the drivers had to drive the cars in the turns, we found out. If the driver gets at all past the limit, the car spins and crashes. Many more races like this and most of the teams will be bankrupt. And, for all this effort, the crowd was sparse.

There just aren't that many ovals worth running. Treasure the ones that are, because I don't see oval racing as being a large part of the schedule.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to Ryan, race was good, these cars need to go faster.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!