Page 3 of 162 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai i20 WRC

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Looks like they themself with Michel Nandan..

And they are looking for some location in Offenbach (germany) for a new Hyundai motorsport center.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes...ehr/index.html
    it's all about driving fast

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All post about the Hyundai i20-wrs are moved to http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/...i-i20-wrc.html
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    So what´s needed?

- Enough good engineers who can make engines with power.
    - Chassibuilders, safetydeveloper for rollcages.
    - A couple of top WR-drivers for developing upbuilt car.

I think driving-line and suspension should be like standard items already used by other teams, like Rieder, Ohlins, X-trac, Sadev ... you name it.

Well, if they are heading towards WRC Hyundai should already have thought out all this.

Add som logistics and servicepark staff - and there you are: A new WRC factory team was born.

Interesting where they are at this moment. Some of you guys out there have some more information???
    Although the regulations are the same for all, the implementation can vary as Mikko said when comparing the Citroen and Ford. Let’s hope that Hyundai (and also VW) get it right from the very beginning.

“These teams (Citroen and Ford) have a completely different mindset building cars. It applies to such things as the geometry of the car, center of gravity, suspension and diff locks. It was interesting to see how with two such different mindsets the results are close to eachother, said Hirvonen when comparing Ford and Citroen.

Citroen feel much more agile and turns better, but when we going to bigger roads (more straight and faster), the Citroen doesn’t feel quite so stable.”

Google Translate
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF

Citroen feel much more agile and turns better, but when we going to bigger roads (more straight and faster), the Citroen doesn’t feel quite so stable.”
    Interesting. Some people here (fans of JM & PS) said the Ford is so much nervous car that obligates you drive it risky

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    they wont be in wrc till 2014.
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red bull
    they wont be in wrc till 2014.
    Hyundai to enter WRC with i20 rally car
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    Interesting. Some people here (fans of JM & PS) said the Ford is so much nervous car that obligates you drive it risky
    By JML they have problems keeping the car straight. As he said to “Vauhdin Maailma” after NORF;

“I came true the long right bend before the big jump at Ouninpohja with floored throttle but the car was little bit sideaway. I approached the jump throttle flored as also Mikko did. And because of this little sideaway my speed was slower compared to Mikko.”

Second run:
    Mikko 170 km/h
    Loeb 166 km/h
    JML 165 km/h

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I'm trying to follow... So, does it mean sliding the car it is more stable approaching the bend? I know little less speed will help also, but still...
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    I'm trying to follow... So, does it mean sliding the car it is more stable approaching the bend? I know little less speed will help also, but still...
    No. He (JML) means that at the bend before the jump, the cars was sliding a bit althought he didn’t wont it to slide and that decreased the speed before jump (or at the jump).

So maybe the Ford is more nervous in turns compared to Citroen and the Ford is more stable on fast (straight) sections compared to Citroen.

I’m not sure about this but I’ve some recollection that it has been said (somewhere, I don’t remember where) that the Ford is more stable on fast sections, probably from Mikko as he can now compare the performing of the Ford and Citroen. But as I said I don’t remember where I’ve been reading this or do I’ve reading at all (my memory playing a game with me).

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    No. He (JML) means that at the bend before the jump, the cars was sliding a bit althought he didn’t wont it to slide and that decreased the speed before jump (or at the jump).

So maybe the Ford is more nervous in turns compared to Citroen and the Ford is more stable on fast (straight) sections compared to Citroen.

I’m not sure about this but I’ve some recollection that it has been said (somewhere, I don’t remember where) that the Ford is more stable on fast sections, probably from Mikko as he can now compare the performing of the Ford and Citroen. But as I said I don’t remember where I’ve been reading this or do I’ve reading at all (my memory playing a game with me).
    I see, thx. I never read something Hirvonen said about the differences in cars (I think it was even in his contract), but may be he said something... somewhere...
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI