Page 92 of 162 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai i20 WRC

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    next year at Ford works team with ''healthy engine'' was better?
    In a way yes. Remember Loutraki last year when he pressed Loeb until last stage... That´s one of many examples from last year, so I´m disposed to say he was more suited in Ford, however it´s not proved it was because of better engine.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Speedpix's Bruno's story here: Secret guest | Bruno's Blog

Can someone tell from the picture where car is still which compound the Michelin's are?
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Hyundai will really get things sorted during 2014 with their rally programme. They have took an excellent step in locating in Germany, which allows them excellent access to motor sport in general, like parts, motor sport companies, people who will leave one motor sport firm and look for work with Hyundai etcetc

UK and Germany have always shown excellent world success with motor sport. Also I think the team will also adapt well to developing an R5 car also.

2014 will be an excellent 'test year' for their rallying.
    Nav

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NxOxT
    If i were you i would stop having any further discussion about Loeb, the fact that he is retired and people still bother with him shows the magnitude of the psychological damage he has done to them all these years.... I know it is funny to bother with those haters because they always come with stupid excuses they make up from their heads each time but show mercy... their pain is still too big and it will remain for long long time.... maybe Loeb ridiculed their idol so bad that led them to retirement like a stray dog without an owner....

Let them be...feel sorry for them but let them be... the pain is enough for them.
    It is no wonder every time Citroen is mentioned is it about Loeb, isn't it. All those years Citroen = Loeb, team mates are just shadows. It's funny because even this year when Loeb almost retires, everything in the team is around him, Hirvonen and Sordo are just pale shadows of HIM. Well may be they'll wake up from lethargy after Sordo's win, but who knows.

Anyway, enough about Loeb, this thread is about Hyunday - they seem to progress a little since their first test on asphalt. The car seems faster, the suspension is not bad, looks like there is serious work these months there. Thumbs up!
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    In a way yes.
    no it wasnt,thats why they choosed Novikov,Neuville over him.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    It is no wonder every time Citroen is mentioned is it about Loeb, isn't it. All those years Citroen = Loeb, team mates are just shadows. It's funny because even this year when Loeb almost retires, everything in the team is around him, Hirvonen and Sordo are just pale shadows of HIM. Well may be they'll wake up from lethargy after Sordo's win, but who knows.
    it would be better to ask to wake up from lethargy Sordo and Mikko.

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    no it wasnt,thats why they choosed Novikov,Neuville over him.
    Have they been so close to Seb (2) this year as Petter was last year with Seb (1)? And you haven´t mentioned Mads as well. No, I don´t think so. Engine or not.
    That´s why I think Petter has an option to comeback in 2014 in a Hyundai.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Petter has nothing to offer to the sport anymore apart from his name... he cannot win anything.

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    People here seem to forget that Hyundai is in the situation where VW was in 2011... Next year their "learning car", if you can call it like that...
    Exactly, with 2014 homologations jokers (Skoda Fabia VW's time to Hyundai ) to use and 2015 new homologated car

Quote Originally Posted by NxOxT
    Petter has nothing to offer to the sport anymore apart from his name... he cannot win anything.
    Disagree. Look at Sordo. No one thought he´d ever win a rally. Now he did. Many things can still happen even for Petter, and as said before, besides Juho there´s need of one more driver with potential and starquality as well. Petter has both. I do think he has unfinished business in WRC. Hopefully at Huyndai.