Page 75 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai i20 WRC

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Watching again, it reminds me of a gravel spec car driving on tarmac. What do we all think? Fastest time on SS1 of Monte Carlo like the VW? Or one scratch time (correct me if i'm wrong?) like the SX4 all season?

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    I thin it's a bit to early to comment on this! For months untill January, so something will probably be improved in the car! I remeber when the first Polo video came out the car doesn't look fast as well! It's testing, their will end up find something to make it better! Will se in 2014

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Indeed, there's still plenty of time. And even then, the "real work" starts only in 2015 with the new car completely developed by themselves... VW did their learning year with Fabia S2000, Hyundai is doing it with another WRC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Indeed, there's still plenty of time. And even then, the "real work" starts only in 2015 with the new car completely developed by themselves... VW did their learning year with Fabia S2000, Hyundai is doing it with another WRC.
    I thought the current Hyundai WRC that is being tested is completely developed by themselves also yes? Or no?
    Nav

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navtheace
    I thought the current Hyundai WRC that is being tested is completely developed by themselves also yes? Or no?
    Yes, of course. But VW also did further development on the Fabia S2000 to gain experience. From what I heard, there were differences between the "VW Fabia" an the Skoda Fabia... The experience they gain from developing this car can help them for the next one.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navtheace
    In my opinion "themselves" meant in Germany without any links to previous Korean pre-development.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Perhaps I am making too much of a connection between Michel Nanadan and the Suzuki SX4 and Michel Nandan and the Hyundai i20. In truth we dont know how fast or slow it is based on looks, but when you consider how advanced VW were even in 2011, e.g they had FX Demaision there since just after Monte 2011, they were recruiting, purchasing service trucks etc, plus they had that year in the Skoda's to train mechanics, contrast this with the Hyundai approach. I think that it will take to 2015 before Hyundai is a contender, hence my comment about probable Ford or Citroen being a better option for a driver in 2014.
    I would not underestimate Michel Nanadan or Hyundai. The Suzuki fiasco was another story. I heard that the SX4 had actually more electronic tricks that any WRC car at the time and that Michel Nanadan's SX4 design on paper was a potential winner, but that the electronics needed time to tweek which he did not get, there were budget issues, Suzuki and Monster intervened too much instead of letting him do his thing and the engines from Suzuki (Suzuki developed them) had issues. Now electronics are not as important. From what I see from Hyundai, they clearly are putting Michel Nanadan in the lead and throwing the resources at him. Hyundai will struggle at first probably, but expect them to come up the curve fast. Plus, they can homologate a new car in 2015, which the other can't. I would put my money on Hyundai for 2015, not VW!

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonlint
    I would not underestimate Michel Nanadan or Hyundai. The Suzuki fiasco was another story. I heard that the SX4 had actually more electronic tricks that any WRC car at the time and that Michel Nanadan's SX4 design on paper was a potential winner, but that the electronics needed time to tweek which he did not get, there were budget issues, Suzuki and Monster intervened too much instead of letting him do his thing and the engines from Suzuki (Suzuki developed them) had issues. Now electronics are not as important. From what I see from Hyundai, they clearly are putting Michel Nanadan in the lead and throwing the resources at him. Hyundai will struggle at first probably, but expect them to come up the curve fast. Plus, they can homologate a new car in 2015, which the other can't. I would put my money on Hyundai for 2015, not VW!
    Except I would expect Ogier to be still with VW in 2015 as a double WC . The Polo will have had 2 seasons of specific event optimisation. That's going to be a tough nut for any competitor to crack
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Except I would expect Ogier to be still with VW in 2015 as a double WC . The Polo will have had 2 seasons of specific event optimisation. That's going to be a tough nut for any competitor to crack
    How long time a go we considered Citroën unstoppable? It changed fast, didn't it?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump