Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

2013 Silly Season

So here is what we have for next year:

Red Bull - Vettel / Webber
    Nothing to see here.
    McLaren - _____ / Button
    Hamilton extremely likely to sign, he just hasn't done so yet.
    Ferrari - Alonso / ____
    Massa is IMO likely to re-sign for Ferrari. They still gave him the gig after his 2010 and 2011 seasons, so what's the difference?
    Lotus - Raikkonen / ____
    If D'Ambrosio impresses this weekend then Grosjean is on serious notice. I definitely think Grosjean will finish the season regardless of anything D'Ambrosio does but next year is uncertain.
    Mercedes - Rosberg / ____
    Schumacher should re-sign on the strength of his current form, IMO. But he would still be driving a midfield car...
    Williams - Maldonado / ____
    Williams are 8th in the WCC and and it is a total waste of a good car. Senna needs to go. Maldonado is already signed but he needs to not crash - pure and simple.
    Sauber - ____ / ____
    Both should be retained, but need to be more consistent. Perez might yet sign for Ferrari but he has denied he will.
    Force India - ____ / ____
    I don't see the hype about di Resta personally, but both drivers are good enough to be retained.
    Caterham - ____ /____
    Petrov has finished ahead of Kovalainen more often than not but I must admit I haven't really been paying attention.
    STR - ____ / ____
    Both drivers are pretty evenly matched in the races but have been let down by a poor car.
    Marussia - Glock / ____
    Anyone care to comment?
    Hispania - De La Rosa / ____
    See above.

Looks like a pretty boring silly season to be honest! :\

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Until Spa I was sure that Lewis will sign again for McLaren, but after the twittergate I don't know. He acted in a horrible way to his team. I'd personally like to see him in Mercedes, if Michael retires. I think that he needs a year in a mediocre car in order to recognize how much he owes McLaren.
    Formula 1

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Petrov ?
    Petrov`s F1 career in danger
    Vitaly Petrov`s career as Russia`s only Formula One driver hangs in balance after the Russian government cut off financial support, his manager Oksana Kosachenko said.

Petrov became the first Russian in F1 when he joined Renault in 2010. He now drives for Caterham, where his sponsors include government owned Russian Helicopters while an earlier sponsor was the state-run Lada car maker.

"We have now lost government support," Kosachenko said
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    My random guess at next years line up for fun.

Mclaren: Button/Rosberg
    Ferrari: Alonso/Perez
    Red Bull: Vettel/Webber
    Mercedes: Hamilton/Schumacher
    Lotus: Raikkonen/Kovalainen
    Sauber: Massa/Kobayashi -(Crash fest in store)
    Force India: Hulkenberg/di Resta
    Williams: Maldonado/Bottas
    Toro Rosso: Ricciardo/Vergne
    Caterham: Glock/?
    Marussia: Pic/?
    HRT: Karthikeyan/? - Hard too know, whether form or money willl get these drives?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think Hamilton will sign for Mclaren for next year, I think all these stories about him going to Mercedes are media looking to fill up their pages.

I dont think Massa will have the Ferrari seat next year, he simply isnt fast enough. I can see Ferrari robbing Perez. But who will have the Sauber seat?

As for Lotus....Im sure Kimi will stay, but Grosjean? I think he has the potential to be a front runner, but he needs to learn not to stack his car on the first lap!

Williams should get rid of Pastor. Plain and simple, he causes too many collisions, even the qualifying lap on his only race win was very dodgy. IMO Rubens would do a better job than him, at least he would bring the points in. Senna is a bit iffy aswel. I think Williams should maybe look for quick nick, and bring a newbie in.

Di resta has dissapointed me so far this year, but he had a really good first year, and I think the hulk is really good competition for him. Both should stay.

Caterham, I think have two very good drivers, I think it would be a shame if Petrov cant get a seat next year for reasons that CNR has left a link to.

Hispania IMO need to get rid of Karthikayen. Why dont they give Chandhock another go?

Thats my opinions anyway
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    So here is what we have for next year:

Red Bull - Vettel / Webber
    Nothing to see here.
    McLaren - _____ / Button
    Hamilton extremely likely to sign, he just hasn't done so yet.
    Ferrari - Alonso / ____
    Massa is IMO likely to re-sign for Ferrari. They still gave him the gig after his 2010 and 2011 seasons, so what's the difference?
    Lotus - Raikkonen / ____
    If D'Ambrosio impresses this weekend then Grosjean is on serious notice. I definitely think Grosjean will finish the season regardless of anything D'Ambrosio does but next year is uncertain.
    Mercedes - Rosberg / ____
    Schumacher should re-sign on the strength of his current form, IMO. But he would still be driving a midfield car...
    Williams - Maldonado / ____
    Williams are 8th in the WCC and and it is a total waste of a good car. Senna needs to go. Maldonado is already signed but he needs to not crash - pure and simple.
    Sauber - ____ / ____
    Both should be retained, but need to be more consistent. Perez might yet sign for Ferrari but he has denied he will.
    Force India - ____ / ____
    I don't see the hype about di Resta personally, but both drivers are good enough to be retained.
    Caterham - ____ /____
    Petrov has finished ahead of Kovalainen more often than not but I must admit I haven't really been paying attention.
    STR - ____ / ____
    Both drivers are pretty evenly matched in the races but have been let down by a poor car.
    Marussia - Glock / ____
    Anyone care to comment?
    Hispania - De La Rosa / ____
    See above.

Looks like a pretty boring silly season to be honest! :\
    It seems like 4 of the first 5 will be wrong, as Massa exit rumours are gaining strength, Hamilton may be headed to Mercedes (with Michael retiring) and, according to Boullier, Grosjean's seat is safe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    My random guess at next years line up for fun.

Mclaren: Button/Rosberg
    Ferrari: Alonso/Perez
    Red Bull: Vettel/Webber
    Mercedes: Hamilton/Schumacher
    Lotus: Raikkonen/Kovalainen
    Force India: Hulkenberg/di Resta
    Williams: Maldonado/Bottas
    Toro Rosso: Ricciardo/Vergne
    Caterham: Glock/?
    Marussia: Pic/?
    HRT: Karthikeyan/? - Hard too know, whether form or money willl get these drives?
    There is no way a team will run two Finnish drivers. Too small a market.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I don't understand why some people assume that if Massa leaves Ferrari he'll merely go to another team. He'll be out of F1 I reckon or one of the tailenders but I wouldn't have thought any of the other teams would touch him with a bargepole.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Williams should get rid of Pastor. Plain and simple, he causes too many collisions, even the qualifying lap on his only race win was very dodgy. IMO Rubens would do a better job than him, at least he would bring the points in. Senna is a bit iffy aswel. I think Williams should maybe look for quick nick, and bring a newbie in.

Hispania IMO need to get rid of Karthikayen. Why dont they give Chandhock another go?

Thats my opinions anyway
    Chandok? He is worse than Narain.
    I agree that Nick should still be in F1, perfectly he and Pastor should have teamed up at Williams.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Chandok? He is worse than Narain.
    I agree that Nick should still be in F1, perfectly he and Pastor should have teamed up at Williams.
    He cant possibly be worse than Narain, Narain finishes last every race Saying that, Chandhoks record isnt much better either I just think with both of their ages, Karthikayen is maybe past his best, where as Chandhok still has time to develop, thats why I think he deserves the seat more than Narain

Maybe with Nick I dont think he will be out of F1 for very long. If the shoe leaves at the end of the season, and Massa is kicked out of Ferrari, that would open up gaps in other teams, possibly Sauber, for Nick to step in....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up: