Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    The parties settled once Sutil was convicted of assault in a German court which found that he had used his champagne glass to intentionally wound Lux. This conviction was partly based on video evidence. I don't think there is much basis in fact for your very generous version of events.
    Oh well.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Do you have any proof for that? As far as I know, Sutil was convicted for Körperverletzung. If the court had found that he has used the glass deliberately as a weapon, he would have been convicted for vorsätzliche Körperverletzung and you get a hell of a lot more than a suspended 18 month sentence for that.
    I am basing my comment on the english translation of his conviction which is grievious bodily harm resulting from assault. That verdict implies that it was intentional, and since the champagne flute caused the damage that it was used as the weapon.

Something could of course have been lost in translation but doesn't Vorsatzliche mean roughly the same as premeditated? I don't think that was the case, I doubt Sutil went to the club with the intention only to attack Lux.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Well the question here is - did they get into a scuffle, the glass broke and Lux was injured or did Sutil break the glass with the clear intent to use it as a weapon. If the later was the case, he would never have gotten a suspended sentence only. Those things carry 2-3 years.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hamilton ditches McLaren in favor of Mercedes. Paddy Lowe is leaving McLaren for Mercedes in 2014. Toto Wolff left Williams and is now with Mercedes. So what of Brawn? I think there's a possibility of Ross heading over to McLaren in 2014?

Also, Honda is getting back into the mix as an engine supplier with McLaren in either 2014 or 2015. What's even crazier is that Eddie Jordan has been on the money with these predictions for the past 2 years. Freaky!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    What's even crazier is that Eddie Jordan has been on the money with these predictions for the past 2 years. Freaky!
    Good oul Irish wit
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I am still surprised that McLaren and Mercedes may be splitting up after such as long cooperation, but I guess this development probably became inevitable once Mercedes decided to set up its own team.