Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I personally dont really see why Force India would welcome Sutil back?

I think he had a decent run at Force India and was never really showing signs of moving on, so I wonder why after getting rid of him, they now want him back
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I personally dont really see why Force India would welcome Sutil back?

I think he had a decent run at Force India and was never really showing signs of moving on, so I wonder why after getting rid of him, they now want him back
    Sutil is at least on the same level as Hülkenberg, he was often fighting for solid points finishes. He also brings sponsor money and on top of that he's a known entity in the team. They know that he can deliver. Such a driver is important when you're close to staking your claim in the midfield with aspirations for more. They probably let him go last year to give it a bit of time until the trial and its consequences had blown over a bit. Word is that most of FI's technical and commercial partners still think very highly of him, despite the offtrack troubles.
    I don't know how much significance it has, but a couple of days ago a countdown to Melbourne 2013 suddenly appeared on Sutils website.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Maldonado and Bottas confirmed at Williams. Looks like Senna is now most likely without a drive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Maldonado and Bottas confirmed at Williams. Looks like Senna is now most likely without a drive.
    Formula 1 - Bottas joins Maldonado at Williams - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Wolff has put his wife in as a test driver and someone he manages as the second driver.

Nepotism dead in F1? Right...

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    In fairness Bottas has shown as much promise as Senna so it's replacing like for like, but I sense the Finn has more potential. Senna, while coming across as a likeable and pleasant guy just hasn't been close to Pastor this season - sure the Williams isn't a fantastic car but even so I think he can't be that surprised he's been replaced.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    In fairness Bottas has shown as much promise as Senna so it's replacing like for like, but I sense the Finn has more potential. Senna, while coming across as a likeable and pleasant guy just hasn't been close to Pastor this season - sure the Williams isn't a fantastic car but even so I think he can't be that surprised he's been replaced.
    Actually, Senna has been the more consistent driver for Williams this year. No doubt that pastor is a faster driver in his good days and more talented. But apart from his win in Spain, Senna has actually done a better job. That being said. I would retain maldonado over Senna and hope the guy matures more, and it is worth a shot to see what bottas can do. I think his results will be just the same as senna's imo. I was never high on Senna anyway, but in fairness he did finish up the 2nd part of the year with some gusto. He's had his chances in F1 with a decent Williams and Renault, and I suspect that a few finishes higher up on the podium or one single race where he could have shown an outstanding performance, might have saved his job. Both Senna and Diresta were the only midfield drivers to not have at least one outstanding/sensational performance throughout the entire year.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    I would hate to see Kobayashi miss a drive at Force India because they choose di Resta and Sutil.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Poor decision IMHO. Senna was chosen by Williams after, we were told, a rigorous selection process which included Bottas who was not chosen for the race seat. He has shown good consistency, despite losing track time to Bottas, and would without question be a stronger driver for Williams in 2013.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Nothing against Bottas but Valsecchi would have been a better choice
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life