Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

Arrow Tempest Stages 3rd November 2012

Not a bad looking entry for this one so I may go for a look at the Tempest Stages this year.

Would anyone have some recomendations for viewing spots?

http://www.tempestrally.com/

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Never been but I'm slightly tempted. Went to a talk by Paul White, Russell Brookes, Andy Burton, Hugh Hunter and Andy Marchbank last week and it's whetted my appetite for some rallying action. Also I've got a mate that lives in Guildford that has mentioned that he might be up for watching some rallying.

The schedule doesn't exactly make pleasant reading for my stage hoping habits, I simply can't get my head round how to see as much action as possible. Doesn't work out well even if you're going to stay put in one stage (e.g you pick Warren which is the longest and you have to be there at 9:30, then you don't have another stage until 13:36).

Does anyone know where the other stages are and how accessible they are? Unless of course the 4wd crews really are going back to service after one stage in the middle of Aldershot!

Looking into it more (while I've typed this) I'm less convinced that I want to get up at 6am for this rally, especially as the last stages will be getting dark. If anyone has a copy of the road book (or even a rough idea of where/when the other stages are) then I might be a bit more convinced.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Yea I havnt really got around to sorting a plan yet as its going to be a fair bit of hoping around between Warren and Pavillion.

From what I can see Rushmoor is your typical speccy area for families/casual fans, and ive read that the stages not advertised are on military land and not really accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Yea I havnt really got around to sorting a plan yet as its going to be a fair bit of hoping around between Warren and Pavillion.

From what I can see Rushmoor is your typical speccy area for families/casual fans, and ive read that the stages not advertised are on military land and not really accessible.
    Yeah I wrote off Rushmoor when I saw that it was Ł5 per person. Shame that the other stages are on MOD stuff (although I've 'accidentally' found myself on those sort of stages in the past), the timings make it all a bit of a pain as you can pretty much only watch at two different stages.

I reckon the best option is Pavilion 2WD - Pavilion 2WD - Warren 4WD - Warren 4WD and maybe Pavilion 4WD if there is still a bit of light around for the 16:13 start.

I'm caught though. On one hand it's the only rally I might actually get to between now and the Wyedean, on the other hand it's 3+ hours away and I could just go and watching City get thumped instead.

Decision made! Picking up my mate in Aldershot at 9ish and then going to head to the stages I listed in the last post...although might change a bit if it turns out that the 2wd lot are more interesting.

You wanna car share? I was planning on leaving Exeter around before 6 (ouch!!) and relying on a heavy right foot to bring the travelling time down...I just hope that I can make the time up between here and Yeovil and the Aldershot Saturday morning traffic ain't too bad.

Thinking of also catching some ice hockey in Basingstoke on the way home, although I haven't checked how that works with the timings and how much it costs. Face off is at 6:30 I think so a bit tight...but then rallying in the dark always bores me anyway.

As sensible as car sharing is I think I might head up on my own as im quite tempted by the rallying in the dark, and will be heading straight on home afterwards. I will probably be doing a very similar stage plan to yours so can try and meet up, I would hope that phone signal isnt quite as bad as in mid-wales!

Well saturday was a good days rallying, met some "interesting" people and saw some bloody good driving. Pavillion was good, watching through a fairly quick dip after a long straight, before moving to a tighter section on the 2nd 2wd run. Warren wasnt so good and I didnt really find any decent areas for pictures. The top 4wd guys were really impressive through a quick right/left/right with one red Evo pretty close to going off!

Shame we didnt meet up at the rally, I didnt get your text about Warren until just before the first 4wd run and I walked down the stage after it, but im guessing you guys had gone!

Anyway a few clips from Warren...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICK6re6r9k

And a few pics...

Tempest Stages 2012 Pavillion 2 by
    Alastair Cummins, on Flickr

Tempest Stages 2012 Pavillion 2 by Alastair Cummins, on Flickr

Tempest Stages 2012 Warren in the Dark by Alastair Cummins, on Flickr

Tempest Stages 2012 - a set on Flickr