Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BTCC Knockhill

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

BTCC Knockhill

Bad, bad looking crash at the start of the Ginetta race.

Haven't seen anything that serious looking since the Proctor / Breeze incident at Oulton in 2009. Hope its not as serious as that.

Edit: Fortunately not, all seem to be OK. Looked pretty nasty.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Decent finish to the last race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With regard to the incident in the first race concerning Jason Plato and Aaron Smith the way I saw it was that Plato was weaving about to try to keep the S2000 spec cars behind him, because he already had a problem of some sort, Smith made a clean move to the outside, Tom Onslow-Cole came down Plato's inside causing Plato to steer left to avoid a collision, thereby cutting across the path of Smith who was making a clean and legal overtaking manoeuvre.

Therefore, Smith should not have been penalised at all. If "Triple8 Racing" appeal then I feel the "Redstone Racing" should appeal also.

I'm interested to hear other views on this.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Good day for BMW — all three drivers very competitive. O'Neill impressive, too.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    With regard to the incident in the first race concerning Jason Plato and Aaron Smith the way I saw it was that Plato was weaving about to try to keep the S2000 spec cars behind him, because he already had a problem of some sort, Smith made a clean move to the outside, Tom Onslow-Cole came down Plato's inside causing Plato to steer left to avoid a collision, thereby cutting across the path of Smith who was making a clean and legal overtaking manoeuvre.

Therefore, Smith should not have been penalised at all. If "Triple8 Racing" appeal then I feel the "Redstone Racing" should appeal also.

I didn't really see how it was Smith's fault, Plato was weaving and they just touched.

A good day's racing all in, nice to see the BMWs back on some sort of form, although is that purely down to the track?

Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    A good day's racing all in, nice to see the BMWs back on some sort of form, although is that purely down to the track?
    Possibly, but I expect them to go well at Rockingham too given that they did last year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Good day for BMW — all three drivers very competitive. O'Neill impressive, too.
    Wel said, spot on.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54

Pretty much how I saw it.

Plato is a 2@ of the highest order. Never his fault. Always shooting his mouth. Enjoys raping Team Dynamics' rears.

He looked to be acting as a roadblock on those opening laps. Generally I don't find the amounts of contact in the BTCC acceptable, but on this occasion I'm not surprised at all that something happened. Certainly not worth a licence being taken away.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gets rather boring talking about Plato every week but in my own opinion i think Smith should of got a timed penalty for the contact. It's easy to say he should of just let him past but hes a racer and wanted to defend his position, after all it's not his fault he has a speed disadvantage. The fact that they have such a speed difference is rather boring.
    Good to see the BMW's back up there though.