Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Negative in who's eyes, the people who already dislike Apple?
    Or me. I didn't dislike Apple but I'm starting to. You are aware that that the stake here for Apple is to make sure they can keep selling you overpriced products, right? And some cheer over this .

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    More likely a genuine human error.

I find it laughable that people believe that in such a high profile case, one side would deliberately falsify evidence in such a simple way that would be blown as soon as jurors got to hold the two products side by side. They wouldn't. If anything was to be falsified it would be in such an insidious way that the opposing legal team and engineers would have difficulty spotting it, not be obvious to a five year old.
    Is it easier to modify the ratio of an image to match your products aspect to that of the other producer or is it easier to just keep the original photo with the original aspect of the product?
    Why did someone even need to create the modified ratio image?
    Logic says it the image was deliberately changed, for a certain reason, which in turn means that the mistake version is less realistic than the cheat version.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Also I don't think this will affect Apple or Samsung's images among consumers, apart from geeks few people know or care about these cases.
    That's right, most people ignore 99% of what goes on around them, to the point where some do not even know that milk is produced by cows. IMO it is sad, but then our world's philosophy hardly needs people with high awareness anyway.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    At the end of the day I have the choice not to buy something if I think it's a rip off. The irony here is both companies were as petty as each other but had the more popular company won, it would have been hailed a triumph.
    Depends in which country the said company is more popular.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    1 billion dollars or something? Does apple really need all that money? They should give it to charity or something.
    If it was a privately held company, I would have no problem with that. But being that Apple is a publicly held corporation, Apple's sole purpose is to enhance shareholder wealth... nothing less and nothing more. So once this check gets cashed (however many years that takes, assuming the appeal is not successful), then I'd like to see Apple declare a special one time dividend, just as Yahoo was supposed to do before Larry Page's ex-girlfriend, Marissa Mayer, took over and screwed that up. I'm now officially off of her bandwagon. I now wish they'd kept Ross Levinsohn as CEO! But with a special dividend, any Apple shareholder would then be free to make a donation to his/her charity of choice.

As for those who think that this will harm future innovation, I'm really not so sure about that. What I can see happening is companies may now focus more on revolutionary product innovations, rather than just making evolutionary changes to existing products. Counter to what some are suggesting, I don't see why this can't simply force those (with the ability and resources) to push the envelope even further - because now they may have to.

And if it stands, I also think what this decision will do is make any revolutionary patent, which is manufacturable, incredibly valuable. But I don't see this decision affecting the basic premise of Moore's Law. The phones, tablets and personal computers we'll be using in 10 years will still be a world away from even the most advanced machine available to consumers today.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can understand why there will be a back-lash on the popularity of Apple, and this will mainly come from people that used their hard earned money on a product that they chose as the one that they wanted to own and use.

It now turns out that their product makers were sued and lost big time and this means that their product will maybe be discontinued or not upgraded.
    I'de be pissed.

but as a fellow forum member said: A cheat is a cheat.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think there is a difference between corporate and consumer popularity. Singling countries out and generalising popular opinion is always going to be unreliable. Both brands are hugely popular in my country for example. My mention of popularity was not meant in the broad sense, but rather closer to the opinions expressed here.
    Sure, sure. Nevertheless Apple, a US company (which produces in Asia but that's only important for the US citizens looking for work) won the case in the US and Samsung (Korean company) won in South Korea, which proves that popularity of the company in said country is important.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    I can understand why there will be a back-lash on the popularity of Apple, and this will mainly come from people that used their hard earned money on a product that they chose as the one that they wanted to own and use.

It now turns out that their product makers were sued and lost big time and this means that their product will maybe be discontinued or not upgraded.
    I'de be pissed.

but as a fellow forum member said: A cheat is a cheat.
    You're completely of the mark there by trying to twist reality.
    There is already a backlash on Apple because people generally do not like bullies, and hate to have their freedom of choice limited on what they call BS.

And BTW even if by some further misuse of the ruling system some older Samsung products will no be allowed to be sold anymore in the US still those products that have been sold will be supported by Samsung, so do not harbor a sense of false worry for them, they will be fine until they will then upgrade to a newer and even better Samsung product for an affordable price.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree with the judgement.
    Just look at Samsung phones pre IPhone, they have completly ripped it off.
    Also, the Samsung store in Korea is a total duplication of Apple Stores.
    The good thing to come out of this, will be Samsung and other companies will have to invent new technology, which can only benefit the consumer.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007
    Both of which are based on Sony Centre, which I'm sure in turn can trace its roots back even further.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007
    I agree with the judgement.
    Just look at Samsung phones pre IPhone, they have completly ripped it off.
    The good thing to come out of this, will be Samsung and other companies will have to invent new technology, which can only benefit the consumer.
    so you're saying (like apple) that Apple have an exclusive right to use a black rectangular phone with rounded corners?
    Persoanlly i am of the opinion that you cannot take a patent or "mönsterskydd" of a basic shape.

well i think Apple have to as well since they hardly have invented anything of what they are using, they merely have taken
    patents of existing technology and thus claiming that they have devloped or invented it.

Samsung have not done more rip offs then what apple have done.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...