Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano
    No they didn't. Samsung won over Apple in South Korea earlier on the week.

Quite expected. Apple manipulates the evidences and the American court looks the other way.
    Samsung won in Seoul, Apple won in California. It's almost as if there's an inherent bias in the system towards the home team....
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    ... so Apple might win in the UK and Samsung in (the rest of) Europe ...
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    1 billion dollars or something? Does apple really need all that money? They should give it to charity or something.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Or to me or something.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    No they didn't. Samsung won over Apple in South Korea earlier on the week.
    Samsung wins Korean battle in Apple patent war - Business - CBC News
    S. Korea court awards wins to Samsung, Apple | ZDNet

Quite expected. Apple manipulates the evidences and the American court looks the other way.

Apple May Have Manipulated Evidence Against Samsung in Patent War - International Business Times
    Dutch Site Finds Manipulated Evidence in Apple Samsung Filing | News | The Mac Observer
    Apple files inaccurate evidence in Dutch Samsung case - ComputerworldUK.com

I think Apple will only loose from this in the end. Huge negative publicity which will benefit their rivals, after all there are a world outside the USA.
    Apple is afraid of Samsung's products market recognition. They have got to the point where they know that the only way to stop Samsung gaining further market share (they already have over 30% of the smartphone market) is to try to have them stopped in funny cases which are filled in the US since the ones in Europe were overturned.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Where do we begin?

First, the 'manipulated evidence' you refer to is an altered aspect ratio on a single photo,
    A cheat is a cheat, no matter in how many pictures.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Apple is afraid of Samsung's products market recognition. They have got to the point where they know that the only way to
    stop Samsung gaining further market share (they already have over 30% of the smartphone market) is to try to have them stopped in funny cases
    which are filled in the US since the ones in Europe were overturned.
    yeah i agree.

As i said before, i however think that this strategy eventually will backfire.

Imo if Apple really wants to challenge Samsung/Android they need to start produce a wider range of phones and surf pads.
    Which i think is why Android have such a large part of the smart phone market at the moment.

A wide range of phones from smaller cheaper more simple phones to the flagships like Sm.S3 and HOX.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    More likely a genuine human error.

I find it laughable that people believe that in such a high profile case, one side would deliberately falsify evidence in such a simple way that would be blown as soon as jurors got to hold the two products side by side. They wouldn't. If anything was to be falsified it would be in such an insidious way that the opposing legal team and engineers would have difficulty spotting it, not be obvious to a five year old.

Also I don't think this will affect Apple or Samsung's images among consumers, apart from geeks few people know or care about these cases. This case is just one of many, Apple won this one but they won't win them all. I think most unbiased intelligent observers will be able to realise that they are all as bad as each other, engaging in a silly timewasting tactic to knock sales off each other.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Imo if Apple really wants to challenge Samsung/Android they need to start produce a wider range of phones and surf pads.
    Which i think is why Android have such a large part of the smart phone market at the moment.

A wide range of phones from smaller cheaper more simple phones to the flagships like Sm.S3 and HOX.
    I'd be interested to find out why Apple don't do this.

Premium brands in other markets have been able to extend their reach downwards without harming their brand image, Mercedes and its A and B classes is a good example.

Maybe its because Apple think it will take sales away from their high end iPhones as people would just buy the cheapest ones they could get, after all most smartphone customers don't come close to using the full potential of their kit and wouldn't appreciate the hardware difference.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    I'd be interested to find out why Apple don't do this.

Premium brands in other markets have been able to extend their reach downwards without harming their brand image, Mercedes and its A and B classes is a good example.

Maybe its because Apple think it will take sales away from their high end iPhones as people would just buy the cheapest ones they could get,
    after all most smartphone customers don't come close to using the full potential of their kit and wouldn't appreciate the hardware difference.
    Of course a valid concern/question however. Imo some poeple will always want the top model.
    The S3 and HOX are selling good despite that cheaper options are available.

Also many cannot afford to spend 500-600 US dollars on a new phone and
    what do they do if they want/have to buy a new a new phone??

They have to buy a non-iphone and thus Apple is giving away market shares to competitors.

Apple could at least offer one lite version of the new ip5.
    I wouldn't buy it but perhaps they could prevent people from buying/getting used to i.e. Android phones.

conclusion is that its better to sell a cheap phone to the customers then not selling a phone at all.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...