Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kind of reminds me of Kyle Petty. lol BTW is Kyle still racing?
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I'll be guessing Bill Elliott will drive the car to see if he can get that POS into the top 35 or atleast out of - points in the owners standings
    It already is. Those who don't qualify but get a top50 time, still get some owner points.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    a very poor showing from the #55 car this season. he has not once made the field on his qualifying time (having to race into the Daytona 500). both his other teams have made races on time but he'e not even been close. i don't think he'll ever make the top 35 in car owner points either until at least 2008
    Not accurate he has been close, in the 5 races since Daytona: twice he was fastest of the non qualifiers, twice he was third and once he was slowest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well he qualified 44th friday.
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unfortunately it seems alot of people are delighted at Mikey's failings which is a shame. My own view is that Mikey - like Kyle Petty - is having to do too much running his team and not being able to focus on his driving.
    However, long term I think Mikey will be a good team owner. As for now if I was Mikey I would try a different driver for a few races just to see if that makes any difference. I know Awesome Bill has been mentioned which would be great but I'd go for Mike Skinner or Johnny Benson as they know how Toyota works from their time with the company in the Truck Series. Or if all else fails Ol' DW won't be doing too much after June and does have that past champions provisional...
    Message to Ganassi - Get Sterling in the #40 full-time. Those were the days.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Once again, Toyota proves that they are not THAT smart at all. If they wanted a big name to make a splash with as a team owner, they should have gone to Roger Penske right up front......because when one sifts through the ashes of the poor start Toyota is having, they will realize they need a big name with a proven track record to put this program on a proper footing, and out of the big name team owners, I think RP would be the only guy to maybe take that leap. Ganassi might....but Roger would be the best bet, since he went from Pontiac, to Ford and then Dodge....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Once again, Toyota proves that they are not THAT smart at all. If they wanted a big name to make a splash with as a team owner, they should have gone to Roger Penske right up front......because when one sifts through the ashes of the poor start Toyota is having, they will realize they need a big name with a proven track record to put this program on a proper footing, and out of the big name team owners, I think RP would be the only guy to maybe take that leap. Ganassi might....but Roger would be the best bet, since he went from Pontiac, to Ford and then Dodge....
    Toyota didn't have the chance of picking up better teams. Knowing that Toyota was coming in with big $, the other manufacturers locked up all their top teams for at least five years (runs through '09). The only teams that would consider the 2-3 years of struggling were new startups or teams that weren't currently at the top of the food chain. The only other teams they might have gone with are Cal-Wells, Morgan-McClure, Robby Gordon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It has come to the point Mikey has taken a few cars to TRD to inspect what has been happening with the cars. Toyota is committed to the team that they are working on everything to get their cars in -- there are no Camrys in the Exempt List.

Once Toyota gets everything well, however, watch out.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mears
    BTW is Kyle still racing?
    Kyle Petty raced in NASCAR?

"Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FYI

Kyle Petty has raced in NASCAR Cup racing from 1979 to the present season ...
    Kyle Petty has 790 Cup starts, 8 wins, 51 top 5s, 172 top 10s & 8 poles

Kyle Petty also has raced a limited schedule in the Busch Series 1982 to 2000 ...
    Kyle Petty has 55 Busch starts, 0 wins, 5 top 5s, 11 top 10s & 0 poles

Kyle Petty also had 1 race in the Truck Series in 1997 & finished 11th
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D