2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Romanian driver in NASCAR ?

Last year, Romanian race driver Claudiu David crossed the Big Pond and gained his stock-car racing licence saying that he is probably going to compete in the lower NASCAR championships in the US (full story here). Has anyone of you heard of him in regional stock-car championships? He was a real talent in rallying and also good on track racing GT's but I can't imagine how exactly is he going to cope with speedway racing.

"Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't...but I'm up north & do not get a lot of the lower tier Nascar series up here. ASA is the big series up here. It looks like this picture is from Darlington, South Carolina. I'll keep an eye out for him...these guys will jump between series on off dates. We had an ASA race up here at the Milwaukee Mile two months ago were Matt Kenseth and Rusty Wallace raced in, but Bill Elliott was here with his son Chase and Joe Nemachek was here with his son John racing. Plus, David Stremme was here, Tim, Johnny & Tim Sauter's son Travis raced. The Wimmer brothers were here too...Matt Kenseth's son Ross was here. Not all of them raced though...80 cars trying for 40 starting spots. They had to give Rusty Wallace a promoter's provisional because he wasn't fast enough to make the field.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.