Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I admire his determination and would welcome him back. Something struck me when reading the article about his limited movement. We've seen him in rally and his arm appears to be used very little when not in the car. I wonder if he has enough strength in it to climb out of an F1 car unaided?
    I suspect so. There are rally drivers that climb out over the cage when they have no legs, I'm sure that one good arm and one half good arm would be enough to get out of an F1 car in the prescribed time.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I dont know. You see F1 drivers struggle to lift themselves out of the tight cockpit at the best of times.

There is also a 5 second code, isnt there? You have to be able to spring free in 5 seconds and replace the steering wheel within a certain time limit.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep. Out in 5 seconds nd refit the wheel in another 5. In practice it's quite easy and wouldn't pose an issue to RK.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Was it Trulli a few years ago that was so dehydrated that he had no strength to get out of the cockpit at the end of a race and he had to be lifted out by two officials or team members ?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Footage and interview with Former Formula One driver Robert Kubica. He tested the DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé for the first time. The test took place on the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia on Thursday, Jan. 24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07x0m...D-dV0Q&index=1

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    But he seems to struggle with movement in his right lower arm,and was supporting it as he walked away from the car.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Good to see him back in a car again. It's sad to think that his F1 days are over, but I'm glad he is back in the seat of something that can get his blood flowing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm still Kubica fan, and wish him best. we will see him again somewhere this year. He has a petrol in his vains instead of blood.

Kubica never to return to F1 rumour

Not a fan of F1 but if I was to watch the odd race Id be rooting for Kubica. That man sure does know how to wreck a car lol. Hope he gets better soon, seriously unlucky man at times.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Robert signs Citroen deal to contest in 7 WRC2 events in 2013.

Robert Kubica will contest the World Rally Championship's WRC2 tier in 2013, having signed a deal with Citroën. The ex-Formula 1 driver, who had been in talks with Mercedes over a potential DTM seat, will pilot a Citroën DS3 RRC at seven events.

The Pole, a former Grand Prix winner, will get his season underway by taking part in the European Rally Championship's Rally Canary Islands from March 21-23, while his primary WRC2 programme begins at Rally Portugal from April 11-14.

"I weighed up the different options before deciding on this programme," said Kubica. "I kept in touch with Citroën Racing and both sides were keen to continue working together. I’m really pleased now to be able to return to top-level racing.

"Taking part in Rally Islas Canarias will be an interesting challenge for me. I can’t wait to start racing, but I haven’t set myself any specific target. I still have a lot to learn in rallying and to improve I will need to rack up the miles on the stages."

Kubica will drive with a paddle shift gearbox throughout the 2013 campaign, with governing body the FIA permitting small cockpit modifications as he continues to recover from injuries sustained at the Ronde di Andora in early 2011.

Kubica signs WRC2 deal with Citroën - GPUpdate.net

A good move by both parties imo.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!