Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Found this ... Robert's hand doesn't look normal but hopefully he will recover .... and to stick in rallying
    Robert Kubica-Ronde Gomitolo Di Lana !!! - YouTube
    It's such a shame to see Robert in that condition. It's surely a miracle that he is back in a rally car and being competitive at all, but on the basis of that video it seems to be expecting a bit much to see him back in F1. He does look significantly disabled, but maybe time will allow him some better mobility.

I'm pleased for him that he has earned a lot of money during his time in F1, so at least he will have no money worries for his future.

Best wishes to Robert, and I hope we will all be pleasantly surprised, and one day see him back in an F1 car.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Ian Hutchinson's leg injury is not so different to Kubica's arm. It was touch and go whether they would have to amputate the leg, and it took more than a year before he could race again (though after 9 months he did a parade lap round the TT course on a superbike, wearing leathers cut away to accommodate the external fixator that was still around his leg!). Then he re-broke it riding a dirt bike, endured further operations, but this year was back racing again.

Admittedly, a leg is not an arm. But we're not talking about a broken finger either either.

Thinking further back, Mick Doohan suffered an equally bad leg injury that would have led to amputation in normal circumstances - they had to temporarily graft it to his good leg to keep it alive - and returned within 2 months to try (unsuccessfully) to defend his championship lead, with the leg still visibly withered. And of course Barry Sheene had two horror crashes, about one of which he said "if I'd been a horse, they'd have shot me," and returned to racing in weeks or months both times.
    Ian Hutchinson's leg injury is surely about as bad as could possibly be imagined that didn't result in amputation. It's not quite the same situation as Robert Kubica's though, as bike racing is much more upper body orientated. As long as Ian Hutchinson can bear weight on his left leg (and has some ankle mobility) then he can get by with a right-hand gear change on his bike.

I'm glad to hear that he is out for 2013 as it made me cringe to think that he would rush back into competition and risk risk further injury. He's going to be 35 years old before he is back in competitive shape for the road circuits, so that gives him at least a decade of further potential (by Dunlop standards), so I think we'll see more road circuit success from him yet. His Macau podium whilst still considerably less than fit is a good indicator of future potential.

Best wishes to Hutchy too, for his future.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    F1 : Surgeon informs former Formula 1 driver of long term arm injury diagnosis
    Kubica's arm injury is long term, surgeon - The hand surgeon treating Robert Kubica has cast doubt on the Pole's return to Formula One and whether he can ever restore his right arm to full use.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Time to change this thread's title and remove the word rumor

Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    He could always return as team boss
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With Robert curring state he might have some chances in WRC but not in F1, he's done. So that's why he's racing in rallies. Becasue one you tasted competition you can never stop. That's racer nature, he always look for ways to race.

As for F1 he's Finnish

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Robert won the Rally Bassano... Sossela and Longhi that are great drivers say that he is a strong driver!!! I'll see in the F1 the next year!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    longhi says that is not yet 100%

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Kubica says he can't drive single seaters. It seems his future is likely to be WRC. Personally I would love to see him do V8SC.

BBC Sport - Robert Kubica reveals he 'can't drive single seaters'

Unfortunate news but this things take a lot of time and we might not get a definitive prognosis on his final condition until next year. At least he can competitively compete in rallying, though.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam