Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    A talent cut short far too early over a silly unnecessary accident.
    Why was it unnecessary? I personally think it's great that there are drivers who do it for the love of the sport, put driving above everything, above the money, the race wins, the girls...people that are so taken over by the sport that they will do all sorts of events just to get that rush.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Why was it unnecessary? I personally think it's great that there are drivers who do it for the love of the sport, put driving above everything, above the money, the race wins, the girls...people that are so taken over by the sport that they will do all sorts of events just to get that rush.
    Exactly. The opposing view is a modern one born solely of an excessive respect for the notion that the driver is a commodity rather than a sportsman.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    In that case let's not dwell on it too much and applaud Robert for ending his F1 career doing something he loved doing. I was only looking at it from an F1 perspective initially and the sadness from fans that he is unlikely to ever be on the grid again.
    Yep, he was one of my favorite drivers. I think pretty much every F1 fan respected him at least and you can't fault him for what happened. He was only doing what he loved.

Hopefully he will return but the outlook is bleak at this stage.

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Since the day of the accident I've remained hopeful that Robert would return to F1. I will continue to do so. I know at this point it is very unlikely, but I feel he is a great talent and would be a welcome addition if he returns to the grid.

If he doesn't, I hope that he does recover to a point that he at least gets to enjoy rally once again, or any other form of motorsport he is interested in. For someone that worked so hard to get into professional motorsport, he deserves to enjoy it once again.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    From the extent of his injuries I think its lucky that he's able to look forward to living an independent life let alone get back into racing of any sort. If he gets back to rallying thats great but he won't be returning to F1.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    [Rumour] Kubica tested with Ford WRC team Robert Kubica`s comeback to F1, his condition etc.: Kubica tested Ford in France with Latvalla and Solberg
    It would be nice if it was him

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Joe Saward has run the same story, so it appears to be true.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Kubica stopped Lotus talks 'months ago' - Boullier
    Lotus boss Eric Boullier has revealed there is little chance Robert Kubica will return to F1 with the Enstone based team.

Boullier insisted: "I cannot make any assumptions about anything because I am not in contact with him anymore."
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skory
    [Rumour] Kubica tested with Ford WRC team Robert Kubica`s comeback to F1, his condition etc.: Kubica tested Ford in France with Latvalla and Solberg
    It would be nice if it was him

That is great news, I think a Ford WRC seat initially limited to Tarmac events would be a PR master stroke... and I know Robert would love that!
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

comeback tommorow?

There are many rumors that we will see Robert this month in some rally. One of them is Ronde del Gomitolo di Lana (website) which will start tommorow! Original news: Kubica back behind the wheel
    Also Kubica's codriver Jakub Gerber when asked about rumors replied that he won't say anything until Monday.
    Something big is coming